Friday, May 29, 2020

Wrapping Up A Thrifty May


I began the month of May with $35 in my checking account and full tanks of gas on both vehicles.  Not a bad way to begin a new month, that's for sure!  On payday I did my usual, paid all of our monthly expenses and hit my savings goals hard.  I am making progress in the savings department and that makes this girl extremely happy.  Mid month I was able to make another large deposit into savings again and used my overtime pay to stock up on groceries, catfood and some non food items.


Like last month I put a lot of thought and effort into my prepper pantry.  I was able to finance it by using my gift card I received this past Christmas from my employer and money I earned from working overtime.  I made sure to pay the best possible price on everything I purchased and was able to really make that money count.  I always try to use those gift cards I get on something important.  I used the last three on my home upgrade projects.  This time I felt really good using my gift card to invest in our prepper pantry.


I kept our regular grocery spending in check and under budget this month as we focused on using up several things we already had in our pantry and freezer from last year.  We want to make sure we are rotating our food stock and keeping it as fresh as possible.


I also used some of my overtime pay from my mid month paycheck to pay off the balance of my PayPal account so I know completely own my dehydrator and my vacuum sealer.  No interest was charged to me and I was able to neatly work it into my budget.  No muss, no fuss.


As I proceed into June I have big plans and a couple of goals to complete.  I'm excited about the prospect of completing those goals too.  Every step I take is progress and progress leads me to accomplishing the goals I've set for myself.  Those completed goals will make our life better and that makes all the hard work to get there worth it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...