Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Getting Stuff Sold


Selling off our stuff has certainly been an interesting experience.  It has been a real eye opener to me in determining what exactly I find important and what has value.  The reality is that very little of what I own holds any real true value.  The value and worth in my life is in my family and my friends.  The reality is that everything else is just stuff. 

I have been listing an enormous amount of our stuff on Craigslist and eBay.  I put our car on a consignment lot a few weeks ago and we are hoping for a sale soon.  The proceeds from that sale will be the main funds for our journey.  I’m hoping not to touch our savings. 

A yard sale at a friend’s house last weekend got rid of a lot of our little stuff.  Another one at our house this weekend will help us get rid of the rest of our stuff and hopefully the items that haven’t sold on Craigslist.  After the yard sale whatever is left will have to go to the thrift store. 

I am definitely looking forward to being done with all the yard sales and selling stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...