Monday, June 10, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves


Sunday evening I used up the last of the pot roast to make a nice pot of beef noodle soup.  We enjoyed leftovers for lunches all week long.  I also made a huge garden salad to go with it and another jar of homemade creamy Caesar dressing. 

I sorted, organized, and packed a lot of our stuff.  I also collected and priced more items for our yard sale. 

I sold some things on eBay and listed some more items to sell.  I also listed some items to sell on Craigslist. 

I mended a tear in my daughter’s nightgown. 

A quick stop at Fred Meyer for cat food also netted me two loaves of bread and a big package of hamburger buns for 70¢ each from the bakery clearance rack.  I put one loaf in the freezer for the next week.  Now I won’t need to add bread baking to my busy schedule. 

I used up every last bit of a bottle of shampoo and another one of dish soap by rinsing out the bottles.  Then I put the empty bottles in the recycle bin. 

While my oldest had music class the youngest and I headed to the grocery store to pick up some fresh produce.  This saved me from having to make a special trip later. 

Our chickens blessed us with 15 eggs last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...