Saturday, June 1, 2013

School’s Out For Summer!!

 
I can’t believe yesterday was the last day of school.  Another year seems to have whizzed right by and now we are about to take on summer.  Yeah! 
Last year I shared a post about my last day of school ritual.  This year I’m doing some purging.  The girl’s lunchboxes are shot.  After two years of continual use they are showing some serious wear so I will plan to purchase replacements for the next school year. 
Because we are moving I am trying to purge items, plus compactly pack items we wish to keep and use in our new home.  There are a few items I wish to take to pack the girl’s lunches with so I decided to pack them inside my lunchbox. 
I super cleaned and bleached their drink bottles and washed the ice packs.  Once completely air dried overnight I tucked the bottles in the top of my lunchbox and the ice packs in the bottom.  That’s it.  That is all I am keeping for now.  My lunchbox will now get packed with our kitchen stuff. 
Backpacks are heading into the wash and will then get packed up.  School supplies that are worth keeping were tucked into our school supplies box.  I have one copy paper box full of school supplies I purchase on sale.  We will be taking that box with us as well. 
In the fall, when the back-to-school sales start I’ll get them new lunchboxes.  That is when the selection is at its best. 
Already planning for next fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...