Monday, June 24, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves


Sunday morning I started off my week by making and canning 6½ pints of City Dweller Salsa.  I already had the ingredients on hand in my pantry and freezer.  I was able to use up the last of the green bell peppers I put up in our freezer last fall. 

I made and canned 11 half-pint jars of raspberry jam using up the last of the raspberries I put up and froze last summer. 

I made labels for my newly canned items using leftover labels I already had and printing them up on the computer. 

I sold our leather rocker recliners after listing them on Craigslist.  I even gave the lady that bought them a jar of raspberry jam.  She was thrilled! 

I sold one of my crocheted baby afghans on Etsy!  I was so excited about that! 

I listed more items to sell on eBay and Craigslist. 

I took several items to a friend’s house for a yard sale.  My oldest daughter stayed to help out while I went to work.  We made over $300!  I couldn’t believe it. 

I printed signs off of the computer to put up for our big moving sale coming up. 

Albertson’s had bottled water on sale for $1.99 for a 24 pack of 16 oz. bottles.  Normally I wouldn’t buy this but with our upcoming travels I want to make sure we have plenty of drinking water options.  Hopefully we’ll find a place along the way to recycle our used bottles. 

We got enough rain this week I didn’t have to water the lawn at all.  Yeah!  It was also cool enough we didn’t need to use any A/C. 

Our chicken’s blessed us with 15 eggs last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...