Monday, June 3, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves



Sunday I made a pot roast in our slow cooker complete with onions, carrots, and potatoes.  I used the delicious broth to make some wonderful gravy. 


While Sunday dinner cooked in the slow cooker we went to the movies taking in one of the matinee showings at the cinema.  We usually wait to see a movie until it is at the dollar theater or on Netflix or Redbox so this was a real treat.  Although it was $24 for all three of us, we have wanted to see Fast & Furious 6 for a very long time, plus I put our Netflix membership on hold over six months ago so I know we save at least twice that amount so far.  We decided to forego eating out this month and do the movie.  It was a worthy trade.  We loved the movie. 

Because we don’t buy snacks at the theater we came home and made popcorn for a snack afterward. 

I made a jar of homemade Caesar dressing. 

I made a batch of homemade Granola. 

I made a bottle of maple pancake syrup.  I am almost out of brown sugar so I used 2 cups of regular sugar for my recipe and added a tablespoon of molasses.  Worked like a charm! 


I sold some stuff on eBay.  I listed some more stuff to sell. 

I thawed out another boneless ham I had in the freezer to make several meals.  I diced up a thick slice one morning for a ham and cheese scramble for our breakfast.  I also cut a thick slice into strips to add to a Cobb salad. 

I went through the girl’s very full backpacks and saved some of their school supplies to use again in the fall. 

PROUD MOMMY MOMENT:  A few weeks ago my girls worked really hard to sell 70 raffle tickets for the school carnival.  Their prize for selling that many was to earn free yearbooks which they received this week.  Chip off the old block! 

Our chickens blessed us with only 12 eggs last week.  Slackers!  J


4 comments:

  1. It's a great movie!!! We really enjoyed it. Worth the ticket.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! You're so inspiring! :) Glad you enjoyed the movie! I had no idea there was any Fast & Furious movies after the first one.. haha!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...