Thursday, June 20, 2013

Making Raspberry Jam & Syrup


I had oodles of raspberries from my parent’s garden frozen in our garage freezer.  I wasn’t about to let them go to waste so I decided to make a big batch of jam and some pancake syrup.  Not only was I able to use up the raspberries but some sugar I had in the pantry as well. 

I went to the grocery store and picked up two boxes of pectin (I had a coupon for a$1 off two boxes) and a box of lids.  I used the recipe from the pectin box.  Super easy and it always turns out well.  After making up the two batches of jam I canned eleven half pint jars in a water bath.  I then made the syrup and sealed it up in a Snapple bottle. 

After sharing some of the jam with friends and family the rest will be boxed up and heading out on the road with us.  A delicious reminder of our old home to have in our new home!

You may also enjoy revisiting 10 Ways to Save On Your Grocery Bill.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love homemade jams. Last year I was able to buy strawberries for 99c for 2 lbs and made freezer jam. My husband had never had it before and is now an avid fan! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no better flavor than from homemade jams. Great job converting your husband. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...