Monday, June 17, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves


Reduce, Recycle, Reuse
 
Sunday morning the youngest and I went out and changed the oil on the truck and replaced the air filter.  We also cleaned up the engine.  Very happy to have that off my “To Do” list! 

I sold some items on eBay and Craigslist.  I listed some more items to sell on eBay. 

I prepared meals all week from items I already had on hand.  We utilized leftovers to make several lunches. 

I took advantage of a few store coupons at Fred Meyer and stocked up on mayonnaise and cheese.  I purchased extra lettuce and some spinach while I was there. 

I purchased a gift for my father at Amazon.com at a rather substantial savings and with free shipping.   

I saved a small bundle on a box of ten reeds for my daughter’s clarinet and got them shipped free through Amazon.com.  I also bought a CD for myself for $4.99, shipped free. 

I made a fabulous dessert to take to a friend’s house, again out of items I already had on hand.  It was a big hit and I’ll be sharing it sometime soon. 

I made a bottle of raspberry pancake syrup and two batches of ranch style dressing. 
 
I took all our glass in for recycling at the big bin in our nearby Albertson's parking lot.  The city charges us $10 extra on our trash bill every two months if we have it picked up curbside.

Our chickens blessed us with 18 eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...