Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Christmas All Year Long - This Year's Budget

Because I am trying to be "Uber Thrifty" this year in order to meet certain financial goals I've set I decided to set my budget for Christmas at the beginning of January.  Are you ready? 




$100 Cash

That's right.  $100 for everything.  Gifts, extra baking supplies, cards and postage, gift wrapping supplies, decorations, everything.  Can I do it?  Of course.  Don't be ridiculous. J

A friend gave me a gift card to JoAnn's Crafts & Fabrics for Christmas and I plan to make good use of that to purchase items to make gifts.  I also turned in my rewards points from my credit card for a gift card to a store I plan to shop at in the fall for gift items.  These two gift cards will help a lot to make my $100 go farther.

I got out an envelope and every month I plan to put $10 inside so by October I will have all my money saved.  I will also use my spending spreadsheet to track each purchase.  Of course, once the envelope is empty, it's empty.  I'll keep you updated on my progress and what I do with it, as much as I am able without giving away any surprises. 

Do you set a Christmas budget every year?  Would you be able to do Christmas on a hundred dollars?  How do you manage to stay within your budget?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...