Monday, May 19, 2014

Last Week's Thrifty Moves


I fixed my practically brand new bra.  The underwire was poking out so I got it worked back into place and then whip stitched over the spot it had worked its way out of four times with matching thread.  Now it should stay in place.

I repaired our bathtub using a package of shims and a tube of silicone bought for less than $6.

A friend gave me a nice stack of coupons from the Sunday paper.  I was able to clip several I can use.

I cleaned out our crisper drawers and made a huge garden salad with everything I found.  Then I bought two bags of spinach and two bags of salad mix on sale buy one, get one free, to restock.

In order to free up a project filled weekend I stopped at the grocery store on the way home Friday to purchase a two foot deli sandwich, two bags of chips and a box of ice cream sandwiches.  I also bought a can of chili and bag of tortilla chips to make nachos.  The leftover chili was used with leftover wieners and buns for chili dogs.  I used money from our dining out budget to make this purchase.  I figured it was much more economical then grabbing burgers and ordering pizza.

I spent the entire day Saturday with my oldest daughter making note cards from items we already had on hand.  Altogether we made tens sets of eight cards.  She plans to sell them to make money for her trip to Europe next spring. 

Not a whole lot of thrifty things going on at our place this past week.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...