Thursday, November 17, 2016

Another Thrifty Christmas Gift



Make a hot cocoa mug!

I love this gift idea and I have given variations of it a number of times.  It is quick to put together and great as a coworker, teacher or neighbor gift.


Grab a Christmas themed or even a plain red mug.  You can find them super cheap at thrift stores and at the dollar store too.  Fill it with two or three packets of hot cocoa mix (or your own homemade).


Add a bundle of miniature or Christmas shaped marshmallows by simply placing a handful in the center of a square of cling wrap.  I've even sprinkled in some chocolate chips with the marshmallows.  Then pull the corners together and tie with some curling ribbon.


Tuck in some mini candy canes or peppermint candies and you're done.  I like to set the filled mug in the center of a large square of clear or colored cellophane and tie it up with ribbons and bows too, but more cling wrap or even those treat bags they sell at the dollar store will work just as well.


For the adults you can add a mini bottle of peppermint schnapps.  Yummers!



6 comments:

  1. You won't believe this- or maybe you will... lol. Yesterday when I went shopping I picked up the dollar store treat bags, a box of mini candy canes and Christmas pencils as well as boxes of hot cocoa packets to make class gifts for the kids' schoolmates.
    I also have 2 dollar store Christmas mugs for their teachers which will have a couple of hot cocoa packets, a little flavored coffee pouch, a few flavored tea bags and a candy cane. :) I love the idea of adding in chocolate chips and mini marshmallows!!
    I always giggle when you and I are so much on the same page. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not surprised at all. We are definitely a pair to draw too! Such a fun gift to give and receive. :)

      Delete
  2. I am so crushing on that mug! I love your idea of a little "extra" for the adults. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, ma'am. My preference is a full sized bottle, ha ha!

      Delete
  3. I've done this but with a bag of my homemade hot chocolate mix. And, I have a lot of Christmas mugs even though I gave away many. Never done the schnaps, though. Good idea.
    pparsimony

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...