Thursday, December 15, 2016

A Day Spent Not Christmas Shopping


It just so happened I had a couple of seriously good store coupons begging to be used.  I decided the girls and I should have a fun day out and use those coupons.  So this past Saturday we headed off to the mall, which this time of year can be pretty crazy.  But when you aren't in a hurry and you aren't Christmas shopping it really isn't that bad at all.


After a hearty breakfast of gingerbread pancakes and fried eggs we were ready to go!  First stop Nordstroms Rack to find my youngest a pair of black tights to wear with her new orchestra dress and to use my $10 coupon.  We found her tights but they were only $6.97 so I added a couple pair of dress socks to wear to work.  I ended up adding $4 to the purchase, but I think it was well worth it.


We left the car at Nordstroms and walked to the mall which is right next door.  First stop at the mall was Bath & Body works to use a coupon I had for a free item with purchase.  I picked up a bottle of body lotion and a bottle of shower gel to add to my stash.  Probably won't need any lotion or shower gel for a year now.


A thing we do is when you turn 13 you get to have your ears pierced.  My youngest turned 13 while we were on vacation so we headed over to Claire's and she was able to get the job done.  I also let the girls pick out a few pair of earrings too and she found some really cute ones.


At JC Penney we found the cutest and softest slippers.  Regularly priced at $12 a pair they were on sale for $4.99 a pair.  I decided to use the $10 coupon and get us each a pair of Christmas slippers.  Three pair of slippers for $5!  I can totally handle that.


With our slippers in hand we went to See's Candies to pick out a couple pieces of candy for a treat.  It has become a tradition for us.  They gave us a complimentary candy as well so we had plenty of delicious chocolates to enjoy.


We left the mall and were amazed at the fog that had rolled in while we were shopping.  I took the girls to lunch at Outback Steakhouse to complete our mommy/daughter date.  The food was good and we took our time and visited for quite awhile.


When we got home I helped the girls put together their gifts for their friends and teachers.  We then popped some popcorn and watched Miracle on 34th Street.

I'd say it was a pretty nice day and not a lot of money spent either.  That made it extra nice!


18 comments:

  1. A big thumbs up on your day out. That's what memories are made of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your day sounded amazing. Those are the kind of days I like. It seems anymore everyone is rushing around all the time and I have to remind myself to slow down once in a while. Paula in Kansas

    P.S. I love See's Candy. I found that wonderful candy one time when I was visiting my son when he lived there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can all use a day like this once in awhile, I think. Yes, See's is wonderful.

      Delete
  3. That is the best kind of day to have during Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how lucky you are! Merry Christmas..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely day and you got some good deals, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a lovely way to spend the day and frugal too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful day with your girls, those coupons can be great even if it's a place you don't normally shop!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...