Monday, December 12, 2016

Last Week's Thrifty Moves


I spent all of Sunday sewing!

I was able to get my daughter's orchestra dress completed (more on that later) and a couple other projects as well.  I finished a pair of Christmas themed hanging dish towels and a Christmas table matte for the retirement house.  I recycled a tree skirt I made twenty years ago to make the table matte.  I'll post more about that as well.


We went to the library to return books and check out new ones.

I called Century Link and negotiated a lower internet rate for the next two years.

I searched for a promotional code online for our cell phone service and was able to add an extra 60 minutes of calling time when I renewed my oldest's service for the next three months.  Total spent for that service $24.99 + tax.


Tuesday evening the youngest and I made Old Fashioned Buttermilk Cookies with a Christmas twist.  We added about 1/4 cup of sprinkles to the dough when we mixed it up and used our new Christmas cookie cutters.  Pretty and delicious.

Wednesday evening I made another table matte and three candle mattes.  I used more fabric, trim and thread I already had in my stash.

We had guests for dinner Friday evening.  Everything I served was already in our kitchen and I didn't have to make a special stop at the store for any ingredients.  😃


I grocery shopped one time to pick up canned green beans and cream cheese that was on sale.  I spent a total of $6.30.

I had a coupon for $10 OFF a $10 purchase at JC Penney and one for $10 of any purchase at Nordstroms.  We don't have a Nordstroms, but we do have a Nordstroms Rack.  I used them to pick up a few nice items for pennies.  I also had a coupon good for a free item with any $10 purchase at Bath & Body Works.  I'll be sharing our little shopping spree with you later this week.


I used some sheer wide Christmas ribbon, a bag of clear glass marbles, tea lights and a couple canning jars (all items I had on hand) to make Christmas votives.  I cut a length of ribbon long enough to wrap around the jar and used my glue gun to attach it so it would stay in place.  I then poured the marbles in the jar and settled a tea light in each one.  It was super quick and easy.



Saturday evening we popped popcorn and watched Christmas movies on Netflix.

I washed out several Ziploc bags to reuse.

Using a toothpick and some glue I repaired a clothes hanger my daughter had stepped on in her room.  She insisted we try to fix it and I was really happy that I was able to do that for her.




The girls used up all my small pieces of Christmas wrap to wrap the gifts they had made for their friends and teachers.  My oldest saved toilet paper tubes and filled them with hard candies she bought at the dollar store to make faux Christmas crackers.  I thought she was quite clever.


How was your thrifty week?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...