Friday, December 9, 2016

Only Two More Weeks Until Christmas


A little more than two weeks and it will be Christmas Day?  Hard to believe isn't it?  Are you ready?

This is the most ready for Christmas I have been in a very long time.  I completed my list and made all of my deadlines and it has felt wonderful!  As a result I can honestly say I am really enjoying the season.

Sorting and organizing the Christmas decor

If you have followed this blog for any length of time you probably know I started my Christmas preparations literally on Christmas Day last year.  While ideas were fresh in my head I jotted them down.  I collected the bows, tissue and gift bags that morning I wanted to save and reuse this year too.  I was already off to a good start.


I bought my first Christmas gift in January.  I made a more detailed list for gifts I wanted to give and I worked on it all year long.  My goal was to have all of my gifts purchased or made by the end of Thanksgiving weekend and I made it easily with two days to spare.


I finished up our annual Christmas letter and printed it out.  I tucked them into the stack of cards I had ready for the mail, all addressed and stamped.  They will go out to the mailbox tomorrow morning!

The fruits of my labor sitting under the tree

We started listening to Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving.  In the car on the way home from our vacation, in fact.  We were so caught up with the holiday spirit we decided to put up our tree and have Horse Doover Nite a whole week earlier than originally planned!  For those who don't know what Horse Doover Nite is you can read about it here.

New cookie cutters to use this year!

Next up is baking cookies, watching more Christmas movies and spending time with our friends and family as we wait for Santa's arrival.  I am super excited for everyone to open their gifts and to spend that wonderful day with my girls.

How are things going with you?  Are you ready for Santa?


6 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to have things completed, so that now you can enjoy these 2 weeks.. [ I love the days before Christmas.. the most fun part].
    Pray you and your family have a blessed Christmas..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! We are enjoying time spent with our friends and family. And I feel no pressure to spend money I don't have. It is a blessing to be sure. Merry Christmas Judy.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you are more than ready for Christmas! How lovely! You planned that well. I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it will be. We are really enjoying the season this year. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. It's so nice that you send out cards. I've stopped as of a couple years ago because it got too expensive and few people seem very enthusiastic about it anymore. I still love to receive Christmas cards and will definitely reciprocate. It's sad how this tradition is being replaced with text or e-mail messages instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. A text or email is just not the same. I love to open the mailbox and find a card in there. Such fun and I do enjoy sending them as well.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...