Thursday, December 29, 2016

Bidding Farewell To 2016


Organizing pictures and backing up files on my laptop gave me the opportunity to reflect on the past year.  As I bid farewell to 2016 I am comfortable in the fact it was truly a fantastic year.


We spent a lot of time with our family and our friends.  It was one of those things that we really focused on in 2016 and we intend to continue to do so next year as well.

Remember this crazy repair job?

It was a year filled with accomplishments for both of my girls and myself.  I had set some fairly lofty goals and accomplished pretty much all of them.  I'm quite pleased about that.  As a result I am really excited about all of things I want to do in 2017.

On the ferris wheel at the fair

For the first time in a long time I feel like I have direction, which may sound a bit odd to some of you I suppose.  I attribute a lot of that feeling to the fact that I have an actual retirement date and a plan in place to get me there.  There for awhile I wasn’t so sure and it was unsettling.

American stencil quilt

I spent a great deal of time creating.  I sewed and crafted more this past year than I have in probably the last 20 years.  And I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  I plan to continue to create in 2017 as I have discovered it has been quite productive, but more importantly it is very good for me.

Our hens enjoying apple scraps

I find as we close out the year that I am rather content, incredibly happy, tremendously grateful, eagerly optimistic and extremely excited about the year ahead.  I am a very fortunate woman.

Boise, Idaho 2016

The momentum of 2016 will carry me onward and 2017 will be another great year!




12 comments:

  1. What a lovely year in review! Wishing you a fantastic, kind and exciting 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! You truly have it all together. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! When do you plan to retire?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The date is set for August 31, 2029. Even my boss knows! He said I've "given my notice". Ha, ha!

      Delete
  4. Just wanted to let you know I got my surprise elfster gift today.

    Love everything you made. Thank you so much.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to hear that. Enjoy Jackie! It was a lot of fun making those things for you. Hope you stay in touch. I love having you visit my blog. :)

      Delete
  5. How refreshing to read a cheerful, upbeat review of 2016. I'm happy you had such a good year and I hope 2017 is even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhonda. I wish you a wonderful 2017 as well! Happy New Year.

      Delete
  6. I recently, unexpectedly, retired from a 30 year career, but am only 53, and need to continue working for insurance. Meanwhile, I have downsized, moved yet again, created 2 income streams, went back to school to earn a certificate in a new field. I am applying for jobs and await the hiring process. I had an interview just this past week, so now play the waiting game. I also went through all of the necessary (surprisingly a LOT!)steps to start volunteering at a local hospital, which will give me the opportunity to give back as well as to gain additional skills. One step at a time. I am also on a 12 year path to full retirement, until I can go on Medicare, unless things change (my health, politics, etc)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I'm impressed. Sounds like you have a great plan for yourself. You have accomplished a lot. I hope you get that job.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...