Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Hot Buttered Rum For One… Or More!


On a cold winter evening I love nothing more than a nice cup of Hot Buttered Rum.  You know that recipe that has all the spices, butter and brown sugar mixed into a half gallon of French vanilla ice cream?  Yeah, well this isn't that recipe.

If I made that stuff I'd eat all with a spoon and it would most likely never make it in a cup.  Not to mention I'd never be able to leave the house because I wouldn't fit through the door.  Ha, ha!


This recipe is a pretty good one minus the ice cream and what I like is that I can make it right in my cup and just one serving at a time.  It is simple, thrifty and downright delicious!

Hot Buttered Rum

1 tsp butter
1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 shot glass of spiced rum
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
Boiling water

In a coffee cup or mug place butter, sugar and rum.  Fill cup with boiling water.  Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.  Stir and enjoy!

Not as decadent as the ice cream version to be sure, but not a bad substitution either.



2 comments:

  1. I bought the store version of hot buttered rum mix to try and thought it was disgusting! I'm not sure if it was the mix or the rum I didn't like. I'm going to give it another shot with a couple more different recipes and see if I like it. I remember my parents always had some mix in the freezer when I was growing up!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My folks did too and I used to sneak into the freezer with a spoon and sneak some when they weren't looking. :)

      This recipe is a good one too when you have a cold. Cures what ails you!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...