Thursday, September 14, 2017

Fabric Tissue Covers


If you want a quick and thrifty gift idea this is a good one!  Super quick and super easy.  I swear it takes me longer to pick out my fabrics then to make them.

I dug through my bag of fabric scraps leftover from previous projects and had plenty to chose from.  You could also use a fat quarter or repurpose an old blouse or something if you don't have any fabric scraps.


You will need two pieces cut at 4" X 4" and three pieces cut at 4" X 6".


Press all of your pieces flat.  Then fold two of the 4" X 6" pieces in half lengthwise and press.  Do the same with the two 4" X 4" pieces.



With the remaining sitting face up layer the folded pieces alternating each one, kind of like a lattice pie crust.  Make sure the fold face the center with the raw edges out.


Pin at each corner.


Stitch a quarter inch all the way around.



Clip the corners, turn right side out and press.


Stuff with a tissue pack.  I get mine at the dollar store.  If you get the ones that open on the ends just use a pair of scissors to slice up the middle.


I found a similar way of doing these on a fellow bloggers site, Threading My Way, but I always seem to have to tweak things and make it my own.  As if it wasn't simple enough I found a way to make it even simpler.


Give one of these a try, even if the gift is only for yourself!



9 comments:

  1. I must be a peasant because I just keep the pack in its original wrapper in my purse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea. What a cute gift. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a good idea. The tissues I keep in my handbag I have to keep in a ziplock bag, otherwise the tissue packaging gets mangled being jostled around with my keys and other items in there. And then the tissues become dirty. Your fabric idea would solve all those problems. Besides, it's so nice to look at! Form and function working together - I love it :)

    D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good. I was thinking I need to make one for myself for that very reason. I hope you make some.

      Delete
  4. I am making these this weekend for work gifts! Thank you for posting these. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...