Friday, September 8, 2017

Goals For September


August was super busy and went by so flipping fast I barely remember it!  The girls are back in school and we are back into the full swing of what is now our crazy life.  I thing that makes these lists that much more important to me if I am ever to accomplish anything other than going to work and chauffeuring children.

Started our annual purge

This is what I have planned for this month:

1.          Make or purchase a gift for someone
2.         Send a card or letter to someone
3.         Take my children out for a thrifty date
4.         Be creative - sew or craft something
5.         Complete three Christmas gifts
6.         Go on a hike  still want to do this one!
7.         Learn to do something new
8.         Spring clean living/dining room
9.         Complete a small home improvement project
10.       Try a new recipe
11.        Take donations to the thrift store
12.        Enjoy a Family Movie Nite or a Family Game Nite!
13.        Complete a retirement/motorhome project
14.       Replace the broken fencepost in the backyard
15.        Invite guests over for dessert, appetizers or a meal

Recycled two spent candles to make a new one

We'll see how much I get done.  This is how I did last month:

1.          Make or purchase a gift for someone
2.         Send a card or letter to someone
3.         Family Nite Out or Outing
4.         Be creative - sew or craft something I made a candle
5.         Do some investment cooking meal prepping!
6.         Go on a hike
7.         Learn to do something new Youtube videos!
8.         Take my children out for a thrifty date
9.         Complete a small home improvement project very small, but an improvement nonetheless
10.       Try a new recipe
11.        Sell some things on eBay or Craigslist this isn't happening
12.        Enjoy a Family Movie Nite or a Family Game Nite! played Uno Attack
13.        Complete a retirement/motorhome project sewer line kit
14.       Donate something (or some things) to the thrift store got a good pile going
15.        Invite guests over for dessert, appetizers or a meal

Not horrible, although I would have loved to tackle everything on this list.  Oh well, there is always next month!


Confession Time:  Okay, while I was purging the junk drawer I pulled out the corner trim tile that goes in our kitchen.  It popped off and has been MIA (well not really, I always knew where it was) for 12 years!!!  Yeah, I have NO EXCUSES.  I'm embarrassed to tell you it took me a whopping 2 minutes to fix that thing.  Two minutes!  That's right and that includes the time it took me to go to the garage to get the adhesive and then put it away when I was finished.



I shouldn't even get to claim this one as a home improvement project.  I hang my head....

Any major, or minor, projects tackled and accomplished?  Any vacations or road trips?



8 comments:

  1. LOL on the tile trim. We are all guilty of something like that. At least you could still find your piece of trim. Good luck on your Sept goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Even if I did lose it I have extras in the garage. Ha!

      Delete
  2. Don't hang your head. You have more company than you know.

    We have been in our home since 2001. One of our master bedroom windows (crankout type) had a broken mechanism. I asked my husband about fixing it. He said it was original to the house, and wasn't replaceable. It meant we had no cross-breeze ventilation, and our room always felt stuffy.

    Three years ago, when researching windows for replacing a different window, I decided to check out that particular window, and found that there were indeed replacement crank mechanisms available. I showed my husband and he said,"Doesn't look like it will work." I ordered the part anyway. What do you know? It fit. The window creaked open!

    I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. That part cost $2.69.

    I am enjoying the cross-breeze in my no-longer-stuffy master. I smile. But I roll my eyes as well. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, lol. I'm glad you took the initiative and made it happen. Way to go!

      Delete
  3. You always have the best goals! This month I need to dye some wool to sell, list more things to sell...starting a Big Cartel shop to sell of primitive items to pay off student loan, maximize IRA account and generally inch towards minimalism (of sorts)...use up some of my greeting card collection by keeping in touch with folks the old fashioned way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Confession time: When we bought this house 13? years ago, a small corner piece of quarter round in the hall was loose. It would come off whenever I swept the floor. My solution has been to shove it back with my toe every time I knock it off. It still has the nail in it. I just need to hammer it back on. It will take less than two minutes. I should get up and do it right NOW...or I could keep reading your posts.

    Laziness rules today.

    Jeannie @ GetMeToTheCountry.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...