Friday, September 1, 2017

Purging Update - Continued Progress


All last weekend and throughout this week I've continued working on my purging project. 

Saturday I went through all of my paper, cardstock, craft paper, scrapbooking paper and office paper.  I got it all sorted and organized and got rid of a bunch that was damaged or ugly.  Into the recycle bin it went along with all the cardboard that comes inside a package of that stuff.  I tossed out the cellophane wrapping as well.  Much more streamlined now and I was actually able to get all of the paper, office paper and cardstock into one bin.

There is another set of drawers behind the vacuum cleaner
that is full of paper, office & school supplies

I went through the drawer under the TV where our overflow of office supplies ends up as well as where I store my 12" X 12" sheets of scrapbooking paper.  I tossed out three dried out glue sticks and combined a bunch of stuff to streamline it as well.  I also put several items I no longer want or need into one of the donate bags.


My office was purged of all paper that isn't necessary to keep for any reason.  While I was at it I went outside and lit a match to all of our shreddables.  I'm determined not to let those pile up again.  I'm a great one for putting them in a bag out in the garage and the last time I had two bags crammed full.  It took forever to deal with it and I swore - NO MORE.  So far I'm staying on top of it.


I purged the junk drawer which involved relocating items to their proper places.  Some things went into the trash like my small collection of twist ties.  Not sure why I was saving so many.  I kept a few and let the rest of them go.

While I was at it I checked through the kitchen utensil drawer.  The only thing I got rid of was a mini spatula.  Into the donate bag.


Even though I had recently spring cleaned under the kitchen sink I did it again and this time I got rid of those bottles of cleaning solution I told myself I'd use.  Hadn't touched them so out they went.

I went through the shelf next to the washing machine.  Mostly it just needed a little reorganization.  I did thin down the cat toys a little bit, however and tossed out the empty light bulb packaging.

Again not huge amounts of stuff going away, except for the copious amount of paper going into the big blue recycle bin.  Not sure what the deal is with us and paper.  Sheesh!



12 comments:

  1. Great progress. We moved here to my forever home at the end of May, with remodeling still in progress (grr . . but that's now over, we have our privacy back). Boxes tucked in a corner of the dining room, awaiting the arrival of a sideboard were moved to a central spot near the entry in the living room, forcing me to go thru them within the next week (hopefully). I also have a stack of a few boxes in the garage that must be sorted so that we can park DD's car in there. *my side is already free and clear. A few boxes of donations are in the garage as well, need to add to that and make an effort to drop them off the next time that I am on that side of the city. Very uplifting to get rid of excess. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I followed your remodel. You had your trials but now your home is lovely. It will be nice to be all moved in.

      Delete
  2. Your daughters still in school. That is where all paper comes from. We hardly have any since my youngest graduated high school. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you about the paper, I don't like clutter and feel like I am daily dealing with papers to toss, save, etc.\

    Especially papers from school, I think my children bring home an entire tree worth of papers a month, at least it feels that way!

    Hope you have a lovely day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I always say "You're killing trees!" LOL
      Have a great weekend as well.

      Delete
  4. Doesn't purging feel good.
    Seeing the photo of your under sink cabinet reminds me to tell you I copied your idea and used peel and stick tile in my cabinet floor. Wow what a difference it made in the "creepy" factor. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always inspire me! I've been trying to purge more and more stuff too. It's getting to the point of ridiculousness around here with all the junk we have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is truly amazing how much we collect, isn't it? When I finally made the decision and got serious I could not believe how long it took to go through everything. I had this house FULL. Now it is so much better!

      Delete
  6. Do you read moneysavingmom.com regularly?

    They have a $10 off $25 purchase coupon featured today...and I know you enjoy shopping there.

    http://moneysavingmom.com/2017/09/jcpenney-coupon-10-off-25-purchase-34.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Off and on I do. Thanks for the heads up Cindy. I'll check it out!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...