Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Last Week's Thrifty Moves


I was a busy girl last week, but I kept my wits about me and hung in there.  The reward for that was a three day weekend.  Hallelujah!  Boy, I was ready for that.

We stuck to our meal plan and I can't say enough about how well that has been working for us.


I got a free package of kitty treats in the mail and inside was a coupon for another FREE package.  Score!

I squeezed every last bit of toothpaste out of the tube before I tossed it out.

I used funds the hens earned from selling their eggs to buy two 50 pound bags of feed.  Now they are pretty well stocked for winter.

This week's freebies!

I downloaded another Friday Freebie from Fred Meyer.  Free Oreo candy bar to go with last week's macaroni & cheese.


I carefully crafted our shopping list and used a nice sized stack of coupons to spend the least amount possible on groceries for the following week.  I bought most of the items on sale or markdown too.


There was a sale on New York Strip steaks and I had a $2 OFF coupon so I picked up a large package with three steaks in it.  I wrapped them up really well and put them in the deep freezer to keep until Christmas.  Yum!

I composted the usual coffee grounds, tea bags, egg shells and banana peels.  The chickens got plenty of produce scraps and some stale bread in addition to their regular feed and scratch grains.


My birthday was on Saturday.  We started out our day early with the Boise Balloon Festival.  The girls took me to Denny's for breakfast.  My Grand Slam Breakfast meal was free because they sent me a coupon.


I pulled steaks and shrimp from the freezer and we made a fabulous dinner that evening.  Complete with my grandmothers beautiful china which always makes me feel special.  I just love those dishes and her pretty glassware.  My dessert of choice was Tillamook Oregon Marionberry ice cream.


I was spoiled rotten with wonderful gifts too.

How was your thrifty week?



10 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! So glad you had a great day.

    I finally finished the rag quilt I have been making for my Dad's Christmas present. It felt great to get that done. They don't usually take this long for me but this year my "sewjo" has been gone. I feel recharged now - and even cut out a baby quilt for a gift yesterday. I have missed wanting to sew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaay! So happy to hear you found your sewjo! I finally got to sew over the weekend. I had been missing it as well. Thank you for the birthday wishes.

      Delete
  2. ~HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY~

    Looks like you had a wonderful birthday, with family, steak and shrimp, gifts and a balloon festival, how fun!!

    You also got some great grocery deals and how wonderful to get free item coupons!

    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I had a really nice day. And yes, freebies!!!

      Delete
  3. Belated Happy Birthday! Wishing you the very best for the upcoming year. Sounds like you had a great day and a lovely 3 day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday.. So proud the girls spoiled you with a wonderful day.. How fun..
    Good bargains on groceries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Not only did you save money, but you got to celebrate you in style too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! I was pretty pleased with how it all turned out. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...