Wednesday, July 8, 2020

$10 Preps


In April and May I focused a lot of attention and all of my extra dollars on establishing a prepper pantry.  Not only did I need to acquire food, but also some equipment and supplies.  In looking back at my progress those two months I'm pretty impressed with how much I was able to accomplish in a short time with a small budget.

 

I got all of this for just under $10


Ten for $10

In June I was able to put those extra dollars I earned working overtime toward food and some additional vacuum sealing bags.  Now in July, and moving forward, I will continue to build my prepper pantry, but on a much tighter budget.  I was thinking of doing so with some $10 a week preps by purchasing items on sale or at stores where I find things at a bargain basement price.

 

Dollar Tree $10 prep haul

These were $4.99 each

You can acquire quite a bit for just $10 if you get creative.  I will watch the sales ads and check the grocery outlet store from time to time as well as our neighborhood Cash & Carry to see what all I can come up with.  As I do I'll be sure to share with you some of my preps if this continues to be of interest to you and you find it helpful.  Let me know in the comments if you want me to continue posting about this.

 

Ten more items from Dollar Tree


Peanut butter on sale

It will be a fun challenge for me to see how much I can manage with just $10 a week or just a random extra ten bucks.  Are any of you stocking up or prepping a little bit?

 


16 comments:

  1. I agree. People will be amazed at just how far $10 can stretch. I've been stockpiling again, since we reopened. I'm going all in, especially at the drugstores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love some idea of how much you're planning to stock. And since you're only stocking for two is your older daughter doing her own stockpile since you wont have anything for her??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be going over the amounts in a future post. My oldest is doing her own prepping as she has her own home now. I got her started and she is taking it from there.

      Delete
  3. Yes please continue posting about budget prepping..after a very unexpected move I had to get give all mine extra groceries to mine children and am now trying to build up a new supply on a SMALL budget.. Are you not concerned about your peanut butter going rancid? I have had graham crackers go bad on me .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do. My plan moving forward is to watch the dates and use items before they spoil replacing as I do.

      Delete
  4. Yes love seeing your buys.I am in full stock up mode looking for any bargain as prices keep rising. Keep up the good work. Joyce pa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep up the prepping posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the stocking up prepping posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy the prepping posts too and yep, I'm stocking up but then I've always kind of stocked up since I live in the country so far from a big grocery store. It's just wise to have extra on shelves due to weather besides all the stuff going on now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes please keep up the prepping post and also the keto recipes.
    Thank You so very much for all your hard work on this blog.
    Karon

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...