Monday, July 13, 2020

Last Week's Thrifty Moves


After a very full past two weeks I decided to take it easy on Sunday, but it occurred to me I may not fully understand the term "take it easy".  But I did go at a much slower pace.  I worked a little bit on my Laverne project before going inside to do a little refrigerator maintenance that was long past due.  I got caught up on some of my household chores that were put on hold while I was working on other things, but I stuck to my 15 minute increments as I made my way through the house.  Amazing how quickly you can pull a room together in just 15 minutes.

 


I used items I already had on hand to create some artwork.  I found the image online, added the lettering and chose a font and printed it off on some colored paper.  Then I used some Modge Podge to glue it to one of these crate frames I'd made a few years ago.  I used brown acrylic paint on the frame.  It was a quick and easy no cost project for Sunday fun day.

 

The dishes arrived for Laverne!

The rest of the week was spent quietly.  I went to work and worked quite a bit of overtime last week, then home to focus on staying caught up and back on schedule with my housekeeping chores.  It always feels so nice to come home to a clean and tidy house each day.

 

A quick trip to the grocery outlet

On my lunch break Thursday I made a quick trip to the grocery outlet for a few prepper pantry items as well as almonds and cashews that were on sale.  I was able to pick up four boxes of 14ct granola bars for only 99¢ each.  I also found large cans of baked beans for 79¢ each.  I was able to make a nice $10 Prep out of those things.

 


I ordered and received some online purchases I made which included two Christmas gifts for my girls, which I am incredibly excited about and wish I could share with you guys.  I just can't risk spoiling the surprise and boy will they ever be surprised!  I also received those super cute melamine dishes for Laverne.  I love them!

 

I added this cute little picture to the cover of my Laverne journal

Other money saving things I did last week included using two tablespoons of shower gel mixed into warm water to make foaming hand soap solution to top up all of our hand soap dispensers.  I washed out a couple ziploc bags to reuse.  I squeezed out every last bit of toothpaste from the tube before tossing it into the trash.  We gave our kitchen scraps to the chickens.  We used up all of our leftovers so no food waste occurred.  I brought home from work about a half ream of gently used copy paper to use at home for scrap paper and some projects.

 


Prepper Pantry = butter, granola bars, fruit snacks, baked beans, enchilada sauce, toilet paper.

 

That was really gross

Routine Maintenance = cleaned underside of refrigerator - vacuumed coils & compressor, cleaned fan & inside components.  Touched up paint on cabinetry in kitchen & bathrooms.

 


Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - cleaned appliances, vacuumed & mopped floors.  Cleaned mirrors, scrubbed sink & toilet.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Dining Room - dusted chair rail, cleaned artwork, vacuumed & mopped  floor. 

Kitchen - cleaned underneath & behind refrigerator, vacuumed & mopped floor. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted.  Scrubbed tub, mopped floor, cleaned mirror.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - two large loads of laundry, vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & entry, mopped front & living room entry.  Cleaned mirror, polished wood furniture.  Swept front porch & garage, cleaned the front door.

 

99¢ each!

How was your thrifty week?

 


2 comments:

  1. Light weight dishes are the way to go in a RV. They don't add a lot of weight, hold up well and less breakage. I just saw the last post before reading this one. Laverne is one lucky lady! You are making her the beauty that she is. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am super happy to be back in Laverne mode. It has been a ton of fun.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...