Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Halfway Through 2020


We have officially made it through 2020 and it has been a wild ride to say the least.  I can honestly say this year is nothing like I expected.  Nothing.  With the pandemic and the protests I have seen, heard and felt things I've never experienced before and I don't mind saying it.  I'd just as soon not.  This hasn't been a lot of fun.

 


Nonetheless, we carry on.  There is no way I am going to let this stuff get me down and wear at me, although I will admit I've had a few days where I have felt some despair.  Mostly I find myself affected not by the issues at hand, but more so the way a lot of people are reacting and behaving.  It really troubles me.

 


All I can do is monitor my own behavior and control how I react so that is what I focus on.  I do the best I can each day to make our life here at home the best it can be.  Other than going to work each day and venturing out once a week to do our shopping we spend a considerable amount of time at home and that is just fine with me.  I like it at home.

 


I have loads and loads of projects to keep me busy and they are all centered around improving our quality of life and to optimally maintain our existence.  Anything I can do to make improvements I will do.  It always amazes me too at how a small change can make such a huge difference.

 


So in typical Thrifty Mom fashion I will continue to seek out ways to improve our lives on a tiny budget.  I'm not unhappy at all with what we've managed to do so far.  I'm excited to see what I can accomplish in the next half of 2020.

 


4 comments:

  1. I too love being at home but it feels a little different when you are told you have to doesn't it? It is very sad how people are reacting to everything that is going on but we will get through this too! You and I should definitely plan to meet up with our motor homes (Laverne and Bertha) to camp, that would really be a lot of fun! I still have quite a bit of work to do on Bertha so might not be this year though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am a card carrying member of the "Don't tell me what to do" club. Ha, ha!

      Yes! Laverne won't be ready this summer either so no worries. Saving up for new tires and need to finish up the exterior. But one day, definitely. I'd love that.

      Delete
  2. "I like it at home." I do too. If my kids were little, we'd have probably loved this lockdown, for all we'd have mourned the reason. My teenagers, however, are having a harder time with it, especially the college student (who isn't a college student anymore because of this.) I can only imagine how I would have felt if I was told as a college sophomore that there was no need to show up on campus in fall--I'd be crushed, and feel as if I was trapped. I keep telling him this too shall pass. As for other societal ills, I do know that from great pain can come great change. All I can do personally is work to make sure that I am on the right side of history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kiddos haven't enjoyed the online schooling, especially my college student. It was a big let down for her. Hopefully next year will be better. Fingers crossed.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...