Thursday, July 23, 2020

Laverne - Porch Light


One of the first things I did when I started working on the exterior of the motorhome was to give the porch light an overhaul.  It was dirty with years of debris collected inside of it as well as a very yellowed lens covering the bulb.

 


I completely disassembled it and cleaned it up before assessing what I had to work with.  Wiring looked good so it was mostly cosmetic at this point.  I decided to paint the back of the light with the Espresso brown spray paint I've been using and gave it a couple good coats.  Not only did it spruce that piece up quite a bit, but also gives some added protection from the elements.

 


I used wet dry automotive sandpaper to remove the yellowing and oxidation from the lens cover returning it back to its original color - white.  After cleaning it I gave it a couple coats of clear gloss to protect it and make it shiny.

 


Then I taped off the rest and gave the grab handle and trim piece a couple coats of metallic copper to tie in with some of the other details that will be a part of Laverne's new exterior.  Once reassembled it looked pretty darn good and at night when it is on it is much, much brighter.

 


Crossed that off the list!

 


6 comments:

  1. this is brilliant! I guess until I started reading your blog I never realized how much could be done with spray paint. I also didn't know about wet/dry sandpaper. Thank you for showing me something new today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the little things that make such a big difference sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every little thing we do just makes our girls better and better. 😀

      Delete
  3. You are so talented! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...