Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Prepper Pantry - Non Food Items


You may have noticed that I'm including non food items in my prepper pantry in addition to food.  I started with toilet paper, the obvious choice for obvious reasons, and have since expanded to include dish soap, laundry detergent, cleaning supplies, feminine hygiene items and toiletries.

 


Once I acquired a pretty good inventory of those non food items I expanded once again to include other items we use regularly like batteries, windshield wiper fluid and motor oil.  Normally when I run out of those types of items I would just replace them as I needed to.  However, I've decided it might be prudent to keep a little extra on hand.  Just in case.

 


Along with our house I've also picked up some items for Laverne.  I'm not entirely certain how the factories that make items for RVs are doing presently.  I assume there may have been some shutdowns or supply issues so I went ahead and picked up extra RV toilet tissue, paper towels, propane cylinders, etc.  I also picked up a pocket stove so I can camp and cook without dependence on a fuel source other than the sticks and twigs I can find in the woods.  We tried it out on our last camp trip and it works really well.  It will heat up water and cook a meal in nothing flat.  I was actually quite impressed with it.

 


As I continue working on my prepper pantry I will be expanding once again to include other non food items too such as facial tissues, first aid supplies, more dehydrated items, herbs & spices, water filters, certain clothing items and so forth.  It is an interesting we find ourselves in and quite uncertain too.  While I prepare for the worst I'm praying and hoping for the best.  As I've said before I'd much rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

 

 

 


6 comments:

  1. Just a thought -- you don't need to worry about RV toilet paper if you take care of this the Mexico way. We've been living in the fifth-wheel for more than a year now, and have found that we have to empty the blackwater tank a lot less. We keep a metal fliptop trash can in the bathroom, lined with a plastic bag, and the used toilet paper goes in there. We empty it every week. It doesn't smell, due to the closed can, and I frequently clean the toilet with wipes, then throw those in the can, as well, which also helps. And you can buy and use regular toilet paper.

    Frankly, I've been surprised at how well the system works. Then again, the Mexicans have been doing this for decades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. Not sure, but I'll definitely think on it. Thanks for the tip.

      Delete
    2. I don't know if you read the Canadian bloggers Kevin and Ruth -- that's how they've done it for years. Gave me confidence to try it that way -- and it's worked for us, however 'gunky' it sounds. www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

      Delete
  2. I forgot i need batteries NOW. And, will get some for stockpile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have on my list oil for the car and antifreeze too. On hand is so much better. Thinking about power steering fluid and brake fluid. Also furnace filters for the house. Putting in a new set and 1-2 sets on hand as extras. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...