Monday, July 6, 2020

Last Week's Thrifty Moves


Sunday morning I was so excited to get back to my motorhome project I went out and worked on Laverne in my pajamas until noon.  The changing weather finally pushed me inside to get dressed and eat something.  Then back outside to work until it threatened to rain on me and I wrapped it up.

 

Time to start working on the exterior


Monday we were back to cold weather with wind and a lot rain so motorhome projects stalled.  Dang it!  I was having so much fun!  Tuesday afternoon things cleared up and with clear skies in the forecast the remainder of the week I got busy once again coming straight home from work and getting right to it.  Same thing on Wednesday.  I made a lot of progress.

 

Thank goodness for coffee!


Thursday was my Friday last week.  We had a short week with Friday as a paid holiday for our Independence Day which fell on Saturday.  Even though it was a short week it was a very busy one at the office and I still worked overtime.  By the time I got home on Thursday I was ready for a break so I took evening off to sit, relax and enjoy our deck and new pergola.  My girls were at work and I had part of a bottle of wine and some sliced cheese so it was a nice little party for myself.  A great way to unwind if you ask me.

 

And beer!


I even allowed myself a lazy start to Friday by staying in bed until almost 8:00 before getting up, making my bed and then settling in with a cup of coffee.  I did some writing and financial planning, two things I really enjoy, before deciding to get dressed and head out to the garage to do a little bit of reorganizing.  That project took way longer than I thought it would too.

 

Nothing quite like a neat & tidy garage


When I finished up my garage project the youngest and I went to Wal-Mart.  We made it quick picking up the items on my short list before returning home so she could head off to work and I could head back out to the driveway and continue working on my latest Laverne project.  Needless to say my entire holiday weekend was all about my Laverne project and I was up early every morning working late into the evening past dark.  This project is definitely painstaking, time consuming, tedious, monotonous, but ever so worth it!  Oh my gosh is it ever!

 

I am sooooo excited about these!!


I did take breaks from time to time and on one of these breaks I did a little eBay shopping for vintage dishes that were age appropriate for the motorhome.  I went with a melamine set as they were standard fate in most RVs at the time, probably still are, and harder to break while you are rattling down the road.  Plus, they are super cute!  $29.99 plus $14.70 shipping, which I thought was a tremendous deal for this set.  I checked a few modern sets online at Walmart.com and Amazon and they averaged $49 for a 16 piece set and in my opinion they didn't have anything nearly as cute.  I can hardly wait for them to arrive.

While cleaning the garage I refurbished one of my tools


Amazing what a good scrubbing and a little spray paint will do
 

Prepper Pantry = I didn't do anything with my prepper pantry last week.

 

Extra RV toilet paper was on the list!
USB fan and an electric fan for off grid & on grid use


Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - vacuumed floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Dining Room - vacuumed floor. 

Kitchen -  vacuumed & spot mopped floor, cleaned stove & microwave. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted.  Scrubbed sink & toilet.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - two large loads of laundry, vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & entry.  Swept front porch & tidied the garage.

 

We celebrated a pretty low key 4th of July


How was your thrifty week?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...