Friday, July 10, 2020

Laverne - Rangehood Renovation



What?!  Two Laverne projects in one week!  Funny thing is, I tend to work on two projects at once.  Working in tandem because while paint or glue dries on one project I am able to work on another one and go back and forth.

 

Stella agreed, we had to fix this

Wee bit of an eyesore

I told myself I could live with it, but guess what?  I apparently couldn't live with it.  It bugged me.  With everything else spruced up and spit polished this rusty scratched up mess, right at eye level no less, just had to be dealt with.  Laverne deserved better so I gave it to her.

 

Lots of tape and plastic went up


The biggest reason I was hesitant to do this project was because I really didn't want to mess up all of my other hard work by getting overspray on everything.  Hand painting wasn't an option and because this hood is also the instrument panel for the tanks, propane, etc. there were a lot of wires involved and I just didn't want to mess with it.

 


I finally got brave and taped it off then I masked the hood off and boy oh boy did I ever cover up the place with plastic.  And then I did it.

 

Oh my goodness, what an improvement!



I am so happy I bit the bullet and spray painted the front of the range hood.  I only did the front because I wanted the sides to tie in with the stove top.  It turned out beautifully and no more rusty scratched up spot to look at while I'm cooking.

 


This I can live with.

 


This ended up being the final interior project I felt absolutely needed to be completed and so with that I was able to officially call the interior of my motorhome completed.  Wow!  What a good feeling that is.

 

She's a little faded on the outside. 
Time to make her sparkle!


What's next, you may ask?  Well, her exterior is next up and its about time!  Outside she is solid and in pretty good shape for her age, but a little worn and faded.  She needs some more love and I have been giving it to her.  In fact she and I pretty much spent all of my three day weekend together.  I'm extremely excited to share these new projects with you guys.  So stay tuned.  There is more good stuff on the way.  She's looking pretty sharp!

 


5 comments:

  1. That looks sooo much better. I know you said it was scratches, but it looked nasty. I can see how you really wanted to fix this eyesore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How often are you driving it? I only mention because my son who's a farmer/mechanic says it's way harder on vehicles to just sit there other than be driven occasionally to keep things moving

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a transformation! It looks brand new. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...