Friday, July 24, 2020

Skunk!


Tuesday morning I awoke to discover my oldest daughter's kitty had just been sprayed by a skunk.  Oh my heavens what a horrible smell and she was still wet with it as she dashed into the house, of course.  I was able to get her outdoors but not before she managed to stink up the place pretty good.  Thankfully she wasn't in the house long enough to completely foul it up.

 


But!  In case you are ever in this position I am happy to share that Gain dish soap is amazing at washing away skunk spray off of your kitty.  Or I suppose a dog as well.  It knocked it down to minimal odor.  We left her outside for twenty four hours and gave her another bath and it left her with a barely detectable odor.  Thank goodness!

 


Poor Stella.  Sprayed by a skunk, bathed more than once, shunned by her family and made to live outside.  She had a rough couple of days.

 

 


8 comments:

  1. Baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and dish soap will remove the scent in one wash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping so, but sadly it didn't work. A second bath was required and honestly a third wouldn't hurt, but we'll just let it work itself out for now. Poor baby.

      Delete
  2. Oh no! We have a resident skunk who makes its rounds on a weekly basis and if we have a window open it's obvious, haha. Our dog has yet to have a run-in with it, but I won't be surprised if it happens at some point :) I'll keep in mind your bathing tip.

    D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had them around here for quite some time now. Honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner.

      Delete
  3. Our dog attacked a skunk and got sprayed full force.We bathed her in dish soap and then mixed a gallon of vinegar with water ,half and half and rinsed her off with it and it took the smell completely away.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...