Monday, July 26, 2021

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

 


We were still in heat wave mode as we headed into the week.  I was able to get up early and freshen up the house by opening the doors and windows and turning on the box fans downstairs to blow it all around.  It felt lovely and cooled the house nicely.

 

This little thing is amazing!

While still in my pajamas Sunday morning I got outside and power washed the front of the house to get rid of the summer dust and cobwebs.  Then I did the porch, sidewalk and our entire driveway.  I pulled a pile of weeds, cleaned up a big pile of yard debris from our big tree and then headed inside for a shower and to get dressed.  It felt good to accomplish a project like that even if it did wipe me out for the remainder of the day.

 


Another week of tests and doctor appointments (I'd be lying if I said this wasn't getting old) and getting through my part time work week.  And then the weekend was upon us once again and I was glad.  My weekends are my salvation these days because I get a complete reprieve from all things medical.  Good news though!  I finally got back a test result that was completely normal!  Small victories.  I'll take it.

 


I was pretty busy throughout the week which left me fairly tired when I got home.  I got up early on Saturday morning while it was still cool and got the inside of my truck cleaned and vacuumed.  I always love a freshly cleaned vehicle.

 


Because I was a little bit behind on my housework I managed to get caught up by doing three fifteen minute cleaning sessions at various times throughout the day.  It felt good to be caught up and know my home was neat and clean once again.  I also decluttered the shelves in our dining room and filled up a box with items to donate.

 


THINGS WE ATE LAST WEEK:  Waffles (keto), eggs & sausages; steak salads (keto), cilantro lime chicken, grilled cheese sandwich (low carb), egg drop soup (keto), hamburgers.

 

I cleaned the interior of my truck

THINGS I CLEANED IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - Cleaned sink, washed rug, vacuumed floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Kitchen & Dining Room - Cleaned microwave, cleaned dining room shelves, vacuumed & spot mopped floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - Cleaned sink & mirror, vacuumed & dusted.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - One large load of laundry.  Polished wood furniture, vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & both entryways, mopped living room entry.  Swept garage & cleaned interior of my truck.

 


THINGS I DID TO SAVE A SMALL BUNDLE OF $$:  I washed out a few Ziploc bags to reuse.  I made foaming hand soap solution to refill our dispensers.  I did not do any shopping or grocery shopping this week.  I helped my oldest daughter with a small car repair in preparation of a trip she is planning to take.  I sent her home with three bags stuffed full of groceries from our pantry to supplement what she already had on hand.

 

Blessed with Etsy sales 😊

THINGS I DID TO EARN EXTRA $$:  I used a coupon that was sent to me by my Albertson's pharmacy to fill a new prescription and received a $30 gift card.  I sold some Christmas cards on my Etsy shop.  I was so thrilled about that!

 


How was your thrifty week?

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great thrifty week! I did the usual: sold a few things on eBay, gave away a bunch on Buy Nothing, my husband washed the car, made things out of our garden, & continue to apply all available funds to our mortgage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your week sounds like a thirity winner! I am decluttering the spare room my grandkids stay in when they visit. Toys and books that they have outgrown are being donated. I am also going through my eBay inventory and donating some items that probably will never sell.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...