Monday, July 19, 2021

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

 


And the heat goes on……  Isn't that a song or something?  LOL

 

My daughter loves to make sushi

Still plagued by triple digit highs I wanted to make sure I got up early enough to get the windows open and blow in some cooler air.  I appreciate our A/C units so much, especially right now, but there is nothing quite like the cool fresh natural air that comes in the early mornings.  It cools down the residual heat in our home from the day before, freshens things up and just feels so good.  By 8:00 I was at my favorite park walking our greenbelt along the Boise River.  I walked from that park through another and onto the Anne Frank Human Rights Center before circling around and heading back.  After our hike the day before my legs were pretty tired by the time I made it back to my truck.

 


On the way home I stopped in at Winco for fresh produce, a few pantry items, deli meat and some frozen berries to keep in our freezer for when we run out of fresh ones.  I was super excited to find Keto hot dog buns on the shelf.  Now I can eat an actual real hotdog.  With relish and mustard!  And chili dogs!  My life is now complete!

 


In spite of the heat I started a long awaited mini project.  I will be sharing that with you once I am done, but it may be a little while yet.  I'm taking my time and doing it in small chunks so I don't wear myself out.  What I will tell you is that I'm enjoying the process and I'm in love with the results so far.

 

Look what I found!!! 😁

The rest of the week was spent going to work, getting yet another medical test done, doing some financial planning, getting some good news on the financial planning front, some in depth talks with both of my daughters, a little laundry and housework, hanging out with the kitties, hanging out with the chickens, repotting a very pot bound plant from work and visiting with my friends.  Then it was Friday.

 


The girl and I packed a picnic supper, headed off to our favorite park once again, sat in the Boise River and enjoyed ourselves immensely.  There were a lot of people floating the river on rafts and having a good time.  We ate our picnic, then strolled through the MK Nature Center before heading back home for a popcorn and movie night.  We watched Fatherhood on Netflix.

 


THINGS WE ATE LAST WEEK:  Leftovers from the week before, grilled hotdogs, grilled hamburgers, homemade sushi, ham sandwiches, turkey sandwiches, ham & cheese omelets, salads.

 


THINGS I CLEANED IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - vacuumed & mopped floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Kitchen & Dining Room - Cleaned inside the refrigerator, vacuumed & mopped floors, cleaned baseboards.  Washed and ironed kitchen curtains, cleaned windowsill & wall.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - Cleaned sink, vacuumed & dusted.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - two large loads of laundry.  Vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & both entryways.  Mopped front entryway.

 


THINGS I DID TO SAVE A SMALL BUNDLE OF $$:  I washed out a few more Ziploc bags to reuse.  My daughter acquired a free loaf of bread at work which we tucked into our freezer until we need it.  We watched a movie at home and popped our own popcorn.

 


How was your thrifty week?

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great week! Can’t wait to see your new project . Keto buns???? That’s awesome! You girls have pretty places to play. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...