Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Super Easy & Thrifty Pasta Alfredo

 


I started posting recipes that show how I use super thrifty meals intermittently in our meal plans to help us stretch our extreme grocery budget.  My goal is to serve delicious and nutritious meals my girls want to eat and this simple and budget friendly pasta dish is a pretty good one.

 


Easy Pasta Alfredo 

1 pkg pasta

2 envelopes alfredo sauce mix

2 cups milk 

In a large pan cook pasta according to package directions.  Drain pasta and set aside.  In pan add milk and sauce mix.  Whisk until smooth, bring to a boil, remove from heat.  Toss pasta into sauce.  Serves 4 to 6.

 


I keep a couple packets of store brand alfredo sauce on hand so my girls can make themselves a quick lunch or supper.   Leftover chicken diced up and some veggies like peas or broccoli can be stirred in as well to make this a heartier meal.  Or heat up a can of green beans or steam some frozen veggies to serve on the side.

 


Cost:  Pasta 99¢ (sale price, I found them for49¢ each) + 2 sauce mix packets 45¢ each.  For less than $2 I made six servings of pasta which was two solid meals for two hungry people.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...