Wednesday, July 7, 2021

What's On The Menu? - Meal Plan #6

 


July is our hottest month in summer and well into August as well.  This year we've already had record heat so we've got a good taste for it and that does affect our appetites.  As you know I'm extending my minimal grocery spending challenge from June into July.  Not knowing schedules, the expected hot weather, and the fact that our appetites wane quite a bit when it is hot outside I've decided to just wing it!

 

Good enough for me!

My plan is, I don't have a plan.  We have plenty to choose from and I think we'll just prepare and eat what peaks our interest at the time.  Honestly, sometimes dinner in the summertime is just a bowl of ice cream.  😆

 


I will probably do a quick fresh produce run and maybe pick up a half gallon of milk so I can make salads and my daughter can have cereal for a snack or sometimes she just wants that for dinner, which I'm fine with when it is hot outside.  By fall we are ready for a big bowl of chili or a nice pot roast, but for now we'll just see how it goes.  Do any of you end up like this in the heat of summer?

 

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely in the summer! Summer is the time for tuna salad, club sandwiches, etc for dinner along with a big salad. We had tuna last night, club BLT's the night before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear friend, it's 'piques.' It's the English major in me -- I can't help it. (And please don't post this.) But I think you're right, foodwise. I did make cherry pie last night, which the Brick loved, but it was a lot of hassle and the oven got the trailer pretty hot. (Hot day, anyways.) Salad tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally got me!!! I know that too. Ha, ha, ha! Thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow. My meds give my a fuzzy brain. I can use all the help I can get these days.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...