Tuesday, July 20, 2021

15 Minutes Of Solid Cleaning Each Day

 


I you can spend just fifteen minutes of solid and intense cleaning time each day you will be amazed at how much you will be able to get done.  What helps immensely is that I am consistent with my cleaning routines, but even more so is that my house isn't overfilled with a bunch of crap.  Regular decluttering sessions pay off in huge dividends when it comes to keeping and maintaining our homes.  Flexibility is also key.  If I'm too busy or feeling unwell and don't get my cleaning done then I can do two or three sessions on a different day.  As long I do that I can stay on top of things, but even if I can't get all seven of my cleaning sessions done in a week I find that there is always next week and I'll be caught up soon enough.

 


I'm pretty particular about my home but even still I'm not going for perfection.  I'm going for good enough to keep me happy.  I do what I can, when I can, the best I can at the moment.  If you can do that, then you've done a great job.

 

Less is definitely more!

Tips that make my fifteen minute sessions successful - make everyone in the family pick up their own crap (I'm not the maid), do a walk through at the end of each day to make sure they've done it.  Enlist a helper , or helpers, if you need to accomplish more in fifteen minutes than time will allow.  Kids and spouses are always more willing to help out if they know they only have to work for fifteen minutes.  You may have to do two or three fifteen minute sessions each day until you get things under control but eventually you will find you'll be able to maintain it with just one.

 

I keep my cleaning supplies pretty basic

Schedule some regular decluttering sessions to thin out your possessions if you have too many and even if you don't.  Make it a rule that tables, countertops and sinks are to be kept clear.  Schedule your laundry days so you only run one load each day, if possible.  Our laundry days are Sunday and Wednesday with Saturday as an extra day in case we need it.  If you are a larger family you may need to run a load every day.  Keep in mind, the fewer clothes and linens you own the less laundry you will need to do.  It's true.

 

My daily schedule

I do not include washing dishes, doing laundry, wipe & swipes, cooking or projects in my fifteen minute sessions.  I have a weekly schedule to keep track of which areas of the home I plan to work on daily and use a checklist to keep track of what I've completed.  There is no point wasting time doing something again if you already did it.  Right?

 

We aren't minimalists but we keep it fairly simple

I have been sharing more in depth of how I do things in order to give you some ideas.  I hope this has been helpful.  I'll continue to do this in the coming months, but if you have any questions feel free to ask.  A lot of you have already contacted me to ask about a particular area you are struggling with and I love that.  I don't want you to be slaves to your homes or constantly feeling unhappy or discontent with the state of them.  Our homes need to be our sanctuaries not a source of stress our unrest.  Happy, clean, clutter free homes are the best.  We can do this.

 

10 comments:

  1. A clean home is a beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your key to success is "staying on top of it." Once things are out of control, it is chaos and hard to control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I restarted my cleaning list this week. So far, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your examples and ideas! Tired of continually digging out from under, looking forward to getting and staying on top of things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You inspire me!! Thank you for posting how you do this.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...