Friday, July 23, 2021

Two Years Later - Refrigerator Repair

 


Our side by side refrigerator freezer is getting up there in years, but still chugging right along so for me it is hard to even think of getting rid of it.  And it's easy too, if something breaks, to start wondering if this is the beginning of the end and should one cut their losses and just go ahead replace it?  Or, fix it?  No one wants to waste time or money on a repair if the appliance is beginning to fail, right?  That was a dilemma I had with my stove a few years back, but as time has gone by the decision to do a repair rather than a replacement has definitely paid off.

 


Same with my refrigerator as it turns out.  One of the compartment doors on the refrigerator door failed one day, hit the floor and shattered.  I was bummed because I knew without the door that compartment (where we keep our butter) would essentially be useless.  That little door kept everything from falling off onto the floor.  So, with nothing to lose, I did a quick repair, which when done was completely ugly, but effective.  Of course I couldn't leave it ugly.  If you want to know more about what I did click here.

 

I may not have the latest and greatest in appliances but
they function and still look really nice

Now, just over two years down the road, how has that repair done?  Well, I'm happy to report it is still holding, still looks great and is still fully functional.  And no more issues have arisen either (knock on wood) so needless to say, I am very happy with my decision to fix it and not worry about what might happen next.  Sometimes a simple break is just that, simple, and not a sign of impending doom.  At any rate, the cost to fix it was nominal and I had the time so it made plenty of sense to fix it.  And to be quite honest, until just recently while scrolling through old posts I had completely forgotten about the fact that this had even happened.  I guess I did a better job than I thought.

 

2 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...