Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Cleaning The Taps On Your Sink


One of the things on my "To Do" list was to clean the taps on our bathroom sinks.  They were pretty icky.  I got the one in the upstairs bathroom done when I did the big clean and decorated.  The downstairs bathroom however was still waiting for my attention.

Cleaning the taps is fairly easy and requires only a few tools that most of us already have.  A screwdriver, an old tooth brush and some cleaner is about all that is necessary to get the job done.

First thing plug the drain so you don't losing anything down the hole.

Amazing how much crap accumulates under these things


With a small flat blade screwdriver carefully remove the cover on the tap.  There is a little notch where you do this.




Using a flat blade or Phillips head screwdriver remove the center screw and lift off the handle.  Lay the handles in the sink and spray well with some cleaner.  Spray the faucet too.  Let soak for a few minutes.  Scrub everything clean with an old soft bristled tooth brush getting into all the nooks and crannies.  Clean the covers and screws too.

Eeeeeeeew!

Gross!
Rinse and let everything dry thoroughly.  I used a large tumbler with warm water brought brought in from the kitchen.  Put everything back together in the opposite way you took it apart.  Make sure to put the correct covers on the correct handles and in the proper position.

Beautiful!

Now stand back and admire your handy work.


2 comments:

  1. This is a fairly simple task with huge visual results. Why do I wait so long between scourings? Thanks for the gentle nudge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it. I could kick myself for waiting so long once it is done. But I seem to find that with a lot of tasks. Ha, ha.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...