Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Mini Muffins - One Batter, Three Kinds


Last week I used my favorite banana bread recipe and doubled it with a few minor adjustments to make a big batch of mini muffins to put in the freezer.  I wanted to have something quick for the girls to grab on school days whenever they are feeling rushed.  They tried several of them to make sure they were good so I ended up freezing less than I had originally intended.  But, that's okay.

Mini Muffin Batter

2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups milk
2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. salt
4 tsp. baking powder

Preheat oven to 400°.  In a large mixing bowl stir oil, sugar, vanilla, milk and eggs into bananas with a whisk until full combined and smooth.  In a separate bowl mix flours, salt and baking powder together.  Slowly stir dry mixture into wet.  Do not over mix.


Lightly spray muffin pans with pan spray.  Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full and bake for approximately 10 min.


After baking 3 dozen muffins divide remaining batter in half.  In one half stir in 1/4 cup baking cocoa.  In the other half stir in 1/3 cup mini semi-sweet baking chips.  Finish baking muffins.


Makes approximately 9 dozen muffins.  Three muffins equal one serving.


This was a super easy way to make a nice variety of muffins.  They freeze nicely and I think these would be great to serve at a brunch too.



4 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh, these sound delicious and the perfect size for Little One's breakfast. They would also be great to have for a Sunday brunch. I will definitely be making this recipe. The big plus, simple, quick and I have everything in my cupboard.
    Thank you for sharing this recipe.
    Vanessa B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having house guests and a family reunion this weekend. This sounds like an answer to morning!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...