Friday, August 28, 2015

Monthly Menu Planner - September & It's My 1000th Post!!!



I can't believe I have written and put up 1000 posts already.  I have loved doing each and every one.  This blog is most definitely a labor of love.  And the people I have met along the way are fantastic.  I so enjoy hearing what other people are up to and how this blog has helped them in their own lives.  I look forward to continuing this journey and watching it grow.  Thank you everyone for being a part of it.  You are all true treasures!




I have been rather bored lately with meal planning and the repetition of some of our meals.  My girls love these meals and don't mind the repetition but I need a little variety from time to time.  I dug into my recipe books and came up with a handful of meals I haven't made in a long time.  I added these in the with usual cuisine on my children love this month.  Now we will all be happy.

This is what we have planned for our meals next month:

Minestrone soup, bread sticks, garden salad
Grilled steak, shrimp, baked potatoes, Caesar salad
Fish & chips, steamed broccoli
Pepperoni pizza, spinach salad
Chicken sour cream enchiladas, lettuce wedges
Spicy Romano Chicken & Pasta, garden salad
Thai Coconut Soup
Chili dogs, coleslaw
Beef & bean burritos, lettuce, tomatoes
Chicken pot pie
Sopa Seca, garden salad
Grilled ham & cheese sandwiches, veggies & dip
Waffles, scrambled eggs
Cream of broccoli soup, biscuits
Hawaiian pizza, Caesar salad
Quesadilla casserole, lettuce wedges
Beef stroganoff, egg noodles, steamed broccoli
Pork fried rice, stir fry vegetables
Ham & cheese quiche, fruit
Creamy tuna & biscuits, peas & carrots
Taco salad
Pesto pasta, Caesar salad
Beef barley soup, French bread, garden salad
Salsa chicken & rice, corn
Mac & cheese, smoked sausage, spinach salad
Cheese quesadilla, tomato soup

I swear my youngest would eat Sopa Seca every week if I'd let her.  I am very much looking forward to the steak & shrimp (my birthday dinner), Spicy Romano Chicken, broccoli soup and the sour cream enchiladas.  The enchiladas is a new recipe I haven’t tried before.  It sure sounds delicious.

Do you do any type of meal planning?  What are some of your favorite meals?


6 comments:

  1. All of those sound really good. I have never heard of Thai Coconut Soup. Is that a recipe of yours? And Happy 1000th post!! I hope you continue to do several more thousand posts. I really enjoy your blog.
    Paula in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww. Thanks Paula. That is definitely the plan. I will also pay attention next time I make the soup and get that recipe posted. It's a good one.

      Delete
  2. I enjoy your menus. Can you tell me what operations system you use to get the menu printed like that. I have a Mac airbook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a calendar in my Microsoft Publisher. I have the entire Office Suite. It makes it fun. :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on 1000 posts! I don't meal plan, tried it, but didn't quite work out. I just go by what I have and what kind of mood my son is in.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...