Thursday, September 1, 2016

I Made It!


One of the goals I had set for myself was to be able to make it to the top of Camelsback by the end of summer.  A couple weeks ago the girls and I set off to tick that puppy off my summer "To Do" list. 

It is super steep so it is quite a climb and the trail is made of soft sandy dirt so it can be a bit of a challenge.  With my crappy lungs it has always been a challenge for me to climb this thing so I've never done it.  There are two trails off to each side so you can get up there a little easier but I've always wanted to conquer the center one.  


Nearly halfway up I stopped to snap a picture.  It is so steep I initially felt like I could tip and fall backwards.  No way was I going to allow that to happen because I'd have to start over!

It was hard for me, but when this 70 year old woman blew past me with her grandkids I knew I had to get up there.


And I made it!



The view of the city is really something despite the smoke from the forest fire north of us.  It is actually beginning to clear out quite a bit.  The park below is quite nice as well.
  

A little fun on the swings


We had a beautiful day and once all was said and done we enjoyed a bit of shade, the girls took a swing and then we headed to McDonalds for a cone.  A well earned treat, in my opinion.








2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We have a similar hiking trail where I live (called Badger Mountain)... center/main trail is very steep and there are side trails that are a little easier but longer. I did it once but used one of the side trails and was so winded I almost passed out! lol!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't look that bad until you are on it and realize, holy crap! It's crazy! Ha, ha.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...