Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Crocktober Meal Prep #4



Right now with it primarily being the two of us right now, my youngest daughter and me, I find myself preparing a lot less food.  With dance practice and gym class she does come home hungry and ready to eat, but a regular sized Sunday dinner seems to go a long ways in getting us through the week.  Throw in a few simple suppers and we've pretty much got it made.


I pulled a chuck roast out of the freezer and allowed it to thaw before cooking it my most favorite way.  I seasoned both sides of it with about a half packet of Au Jus mix and let it cook all day long in my slow cooker.  Oh my goodness is it ever tender, flavorful and juicy.


The juices make a wonderful gravy with just a little cornstarch slurry stirred in.  My daughter loves it over rice, but of course a mountain of mashed potatoes or the traditional potatoes and carrots cooked with the roast is always nice.


I did some burger patties seasoned with Italian seasoning and some provolone cheese slices melted over the top one evening alongside a pan of green beans sauteed with diced onion and sliced mushrooms.  Delish!

Bacon!

Breakfast for supper made the cut as well.  I cooked some bacon and then used some of the fat to saute diced onion, peppers and mushrooms before scrambling in a half dozen eggs.  Topped with some sharp cheddar cheese.  Oh my!


So not a lot of cooking required and I'm really glad about that because it has been so incredibly busy around here it is enough to make your head spin.  Some simple meals and a slow cooker save the day!



10 comments:

  1. Cooking for 2 takes a little getting used to doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does. I think it is easier to cook for one person than two.

      Delete
  2. That all looks so good, and now I'm starved. :-) 2 long hours til lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just put on a 3 day conference at our Church. It was 3 months of preparation and a week of intense long hours. Easy meals and frozen meals got us through! I love freezer and crockpot meals. I am also lucky my husband isn't too picky and makes a lot of the stuff he eats. That and a pretty full pantry and freezer are what made the whole week easy and not eating out! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my crock pot. Your dishes look and sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks so delicious! I love my crock pot.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...