Friday, October 25, 2019

Only 2 Months Left To Get Ready For Christmas



This year we are doing Christmas on a very small scale and budget, but it is still going to be very nice.  I've already started planning and preparing.  The girls and I have agreed to exchange small gifts and anything we give to friends and other family members will likely be something of a handmade nature.  More than likely something made in the kitchen.


I took advantage of a great sale on baking items at Albertson's and stocked up on sugar, flour, chocolate chips and baking mixes.  I bought Kraft marshmallow creme at the dollar store and we plan to use those items to make fudge and bake some cookies.


I have plenty of tins, boxes, gift wrap, tissue paper, bags, treat bags, ribbon, bows and tape on hand.  I also have plenty of homemade gift tags.  We will be able to dress up our simple little gifts quite nicely.


We scaled back our Christmas dinner menu and pretty much have everything we need already purchased and in the freezer or pantry.  Fresh produce and dairy will likely be the only things we need to buy when the time comes.


We have no plans to purchase any new decor this year and will decorate our home with things we already have.  Anything else we feel we want will need to be made from items we already have on hand.


I'm still planning to send out Christmas cards and I have plenty in my stash so no need to purchase or make any new ones this year.  I also have stamps leftover from last year as well as plenty of pretty stationery in my stash to print out our annual letter.


Honestly, I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year.  We all agree it feels very low pressure and we like that feeling very much.  No stress or worry about money or meeting certain expectations.  I can tell you too, it feels like a whole lot less work.



9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan! Simple and inexpensive is better than stressful and expensive any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my kind of Christmas :)

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are having a very low key Christmas also. None of our sons will be here this year and TheHub and I have everything we need and have very few wants. Like you my Christmas dinner is pretty much in the freezer, but is subject to change. On Christmas day we might opt for tomato soup and a grilled cheese. I am really not putting any pressure on myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! I love tomato soup and grilled cheese. Sounds perfect!

      Delete
  4. Fudge, cookies, and a simple peaceful time!
    Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy low pressure Christmas' very much. The older we get, the easier it gets. You girls "get it" at a much younger age. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is going to be a very nice Christmas this year.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...