Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Crocktober Meal Prep #3



Once again I gave my slow cookers a workout over the weekend.  I put a big pot of chili in my largest slow cooker and let it go on high for about four hours.  In my smallest one I placed some red kidney beans in it to cook on high for four hours as well.  Since my youngest doesn't like beans and I'm not supposed to eat them I prepared them on the side so I could add them to my oldest daughter's chili.

Dried bean cook up really nice in the slow cooker

After we had eaten dinner, topping our chili with some grated sharp cheddar, I put up two containers of beans and two containers of chili with beans for my oldest daughter who is away at college.  I will add some of these to her next care package I take to her and she can reheat them in her dorm room for a quick supper.

Fall weather just calls for chili 

The next day I took a large container of the shredded pork I made in my first Crocktober Meal Prep out of the freezer and added green chile sauce to it.  I let it cook for a few hours to make pork verde.  I made some rice for my daughter and we enjoyed the pork verde with some sour cream on top.  We also like it with tortillas.

Shredded pork from the freezer, a chopped onion and some green enchilada sauce

The last thing I made on the stove top was some Coconut Curry Soup although this does wonderfully in a slow cooker as well.  Whenever I am cold or in my case right now I have a cold this is my favorite go-to soup.  Just the right amount of spice and heat to make me feel much better.  And it is really delicious.

Coconut Curry Soup

More than enough food to hold us throughout the week I think with plenty to add to the freezer as well.  I like having a little stockpile of quick and easy thaw and reheat options in the freezer and I think Crocktober is going to help me make that happen.


4 comments:

  1. Those all look delicious! I always get nervous when I don't have any available meals in the freezer. I try to add to our freezer stash of quick meals to reheat whenever possible

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished a 1/2 batch of veggie chili and put three servings in the freezer and one left to eat and had a big bowl yesterday. Oh how I have missed making this. Just ran across my recipe from when my boys were little. Lots of good veggies and some chili beans and it goes so nice with shredded cheese and saltines. I need to call my son and see if he wants to pick up some for a meal. I love freezer meals. (Crockpot meals too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely chili season. I'm sure he'll take you up on the offer. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...