Thursday, October 24, 2019

House Projects On Hold For A Bit



Until things are figured out around here I have decided to put all house projects on hold.  I need to prune trees, do some repairs, finish a few home improvement projects and put on some finishing touches around here.  But until we know exactly what the plan is it does seem rather foolish to do anything.

Stella knows how to take it easy

My next door neighbors have a broken furnace that needs replaced.  They are stuck in limbo not knowing if they should invest $6000 into a new one or not.  Right now they are thinking not, but winter is upon us and it is really chilly outside.


I have to tell you that owning an RV gives me great piece of mind in that no matter what, we always have a second home option should we need one.  If there was ever a prolonged power outage we have a backup plan.  If I decide to work on anything around here it will be the motorhome.

I had big plans for this!

So for now I'll have to wait.  Put my feet up and take a much deserved break.  I don't do well sitting around with nothing to do so this will be a bit of a challenge.  No worries.  I'll find something to keep me busy.



12 comments:

  1. I hope all of this house and development stuff gets figured out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having Lavernne on standbye is certainly a tremendous asset--she will see you through thick and thin!
    I am sad that the home projects have come to a halt, but understand fully. I wonder if your neighbors couldn't advertise on Craigslist for a used furnace? A still-working one that someone is getting rid of so they can upgrade or switch to a new fuel? It's just a combustion box; all their ducts and such are in place. Or perhaps if they call around to various HVAC companies and explain their position and see if anyone sympthatic to their plight can come up with an inexpensive solution? Surely wouldn't hurt to call around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are all great ideas. I'll mention it to them. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Good for you -- I think this is the smart thing to do. My guess: if the realtor is feeling that much urgency to keep pestering you, you'll have something definite by the end of the year. Hang in there, and keep double-checking everything he/they say! You are a clever, observant woman, and I have no hesitation believing you'll come out on top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Understand how you feel - but either way this COULD work out well for you and your neighbor - we have a lot of area around us that have been developed into business parks - industrial parks - apartment buildings - but always there are a few homes that refused to sell and they stayed right there - It doesn't even look weird - the homes are well taken care of (modest homes) and life goes on - but if they make you an offer you cannot refuse it may also be an offer you won't get again and the value of your property could diminish - a lot to thin about - but I, myself, admit that I would be a "little" excited - Knowing you, I think it will work out, because you are quite flexible and talented at making things work.. Have a nice weekend..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! My gut tells me everything will be just fine.

      Delete
  5. I know the unknown can drive you crazy! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it can do that. I won't let it though. I'm a tough girl. ;o)

      Delete
  6. I thought you decided to sell Laverne. Good thing you're keeping her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was planning to in the spring. Now I'm rethinking it.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...