Monday, October 28, 2019

Last Week's Thrifty Moves



Sunday I drove to a little city three towns over to do some potential house hunting and scope out the area.  I used to live there thirty years ago when my son was very young and not too much has changed.  Always good to keep my options open.

Tuesday was parent teacher conferences at the high school.  I picked up my daughter after work and we headed over there for a couple hours.  Then home for a quick supper and homework.  The rest of the week went so quickly and before I knew it, it was Friday again.


I didn't have time to meal prep or do anything in my slow cooker the previous weekend so I kept our meals really simple.  I used quite a few things that were already in the refrigerator and freezer in the kitchen to make things quick and easy on ourselves.  By Friday. however, I was ready to pull out my largest slow cooker and pop a nice sized chuck roast into it.

The bulk of my week was wrapped up in all of the drama that surrounds my house right now.  I'll be really happy once this is all settled.  Thankfully I am managing my stress and anxiety about it remarkably well.  It helps too that I am surrounded with a lot of support, with both professionals as well as my friends and family.  It seriously makes a huge difference.


After cooking some bacon I saved the rendered bacon fat in a jar I keep in the refrigerator.  I like to use it to cook with as it is a good fat and adds a lot of flavor.


I didn't do any grocery shopping last week as we had more than enough food already.  Nothing in the store ads was tempting me to spend any money either.  That's a win!


I mended two pair of undies that had some small holes.  They're my favorite and most comfy ones I own so I was pretty motivated to stitch them and extend their life a bit.


I worked a little more overtime last week.

I microwaved the honey bear for ten seconds so I could get out every last drop and used a rubber scraper to remove the last of the peanut butter from the jar.  I had enough of both to make my daughter a sandwich to take to school.


Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order:

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - vacuumed floors, scrubbed sink, cleaned mirrors.  Daily swish & swipe.

Dining Room - vacuumed floor, dusted shelves, chair rail, windowsill & baseboard heater.

Kitchen -  vacuumed & spot mopped the floor, .

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted.  Cleaned mirror & scrubbed tub.  Daily swish & swipe.

Other - two loads of laundry, vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & entry, cleaned mirror.  Swept front porch & garage.

How was your thrifty week?


6 comments:

  1. I wish you all the best as you deal with this potential move. I'm certain you'll do all you can to ensure you are treated fairly. Glad you've got family and friends to help with the stress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am very fortunate to have the support group that I do. That is certain. :o)

      Delete
  2. I have been told never to microwave honey because it destroys beneficial enzymes. Does anyone know if this is true?
    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard that before. Quite possible I suppose.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...