Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Carrying A Grateful Heart

 


By carrying a grateful heart I am happy, content and at peace regardless of how chaotic or restless the world around me might become.  If I am having a difficult time or a hard day I pause to sit back and think of something about this time or this day that I am grateful for and it allows me to gain a better perspective of the situation and deal with whatever issue I might be having.  It takes some practice, but every day I am getting better at doing so.

 


This year I began a gratitude journal.  Lined pages I have numbered 1 through 366 (it is a leap year) and every morning I write down the one thing, sometimes it’s a few things, I am most grateful for at that moment.  It can be as simple as a hot cup of coffee or as monumental as the love I have for my children.  It is difficult to be sad or unhappy when you are writing down what you are grateful for in life and as the pages begin to fill you realize how truly blessed and fortunate you are.  I have so many things I am grateful for.

 




As I sit hear writing this post I find myself in a unique position.  I am happy and content.  All of my needs are currently met and I want for nothing.  And very soon we get to celebrate on a day dedicated to being Thankful.  How perfect is that?

2 comments:

  1. I am happy and content. All of my needs are currently met and I want for nothing. And very soon we get to celebrate on a day dedicated to being Thankful. How perfect is that?

    Awesome! I am on the grateful ship with you. Blessed indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To feel this way even during a pandemic? Very blessed indeed. :0)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...