Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Our Thanksgiving Day Menu - Non Traditional

 


This year we have decided to go with a non traditional Italian dinner for Thanksgiving.  Since both girls will be working and one will travel home for the day we decided to go with something that has a much more flexible timeline.

 

Stuffed Manicotti

Chicken Alfredo

Garlic Pesto Shrimp

Tossed Green Salad

Homemade French Bread

Sparkling Cider

Wine

 


I'll be able to prepare most of this ahead and then pop the manicotti into the oven once the girls arrive and within an hour we'll be sitting down to dinner.  And plenty of good Keto options for me to choose from as well.

 


I'm excited about our menu plan and so are the girls.  We have prepared a traditional turkey dinner the past few years and this year we won't be having company join us so a smaller scale meal that is still special will be perfect for the three of us.  And of course, I plan to make a pumpkin dessert to finish it all off with.

 


Will you be doing the traditional turkey dinner or is something a little different on the menu this year?  What is your favorite thing to eat on Thanksgiving Day?

 

12 comments:

  1. Last year our Thanksgiving was Thai-inspired. I roasted 2 ducks and made duck panang curry, Pad Thai, and a green salad with peanut dressing. It was all super good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one is a big turkey fan at my house, so we will have steak with more traditional sides (mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and an acorn squash salad). Haven't decided on dessert yet but looking forward to coming up with a delicious option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every year I pick one new recipe to try with the traditional Thanksgiving dinner. But, the new recipe has to be a "vintage" dish. The past few years, we've had variations on gelatin salads. This year, it's dessert. I am baking a German chocolate pie for dessert. I also had a request for a carrot cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yum! I love carrot cake. You have some tough decisions. :)

      Delete
  4. I think non-traditional works perfectly well. We decided to just have turkey sandwiches this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with that! I love a good turkey sandwich.

      Delete
  5. Traditional all the way for me! If I don't have that, it is just another dinner and day for me. But, that's me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love our non-traditional Thanksgiving dinner, since non of us really care for turkey. My guys have seafood, while I eat chicken and we add some traditional sides. We must have our pumpkin pie though.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...