Monday, November 9, 2020

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

 


Good Morning!

 

I slept in until 7:00 on Sunday morning but since it was daylight savings time I was actually up at 6:00 by the time I got all the clocks changed.  That was just fine with me because I was very happy to add the extra hour to my day.  I started off by brewing a fresh pot of coffee and while I waited for my first cup I made up some handsoap solution and refilled my Halloween dispenser before storing it away until I need it again next year.  My morning was spent sipping coffee, writing a bit and then putting away all of our Halloween decorations.  I'm always saddest to put away my little ghosts so this year I decided to put them in my china cabinet with all my other little treasures.  It really made my heart happy to put them in there instead of the bin I store in our garage.

 

It seems like October sped by in a flash!

I did not go grocery shopping Sunday morning as we didn't need anything.  My trip to the store the Sunday prior was enough to keep us going for two weeks.  That allowed me to enjoy more time at home, which I absolutely love.  Instead I did some paper decluttering and tidied up the space next to my recliner. After that I got a load of laundry done all while I watched some TV.  I've been watching more TV lately which I've been enjoying.

 


Tuesday was election day here in the United States so I was sure to head to the polls after I got done at work and vote.  Kind of crazy how this has all played out but I was just fine with whoever our president ended up being.  This is the first time I didn't have a strong opinion over who I wanted for president.  It made choosing one to vote for a little difficult though.

 

All ready for the next Halloween season

Friday the young one and I worked out in the yard raking leaves and cleaning up yard debris.  We gave the hens two full trash cans of leaves in their coop to spread around and play in.  They loved it and seemed to be having a really good time.

 


I sold some cards in my Etsy store and one of the dolls I had refurbished sold on eBay.  I think I might put some of the dolls in my Etsy store too.  I am super excited with all the interest the greeting cards have been generating.  I spent the majority of my Saturday making some Thank You cards and listing those in my shop that evening.

 


Our weather warmed up quite a bit and stayed above freezing so we didn't require much in the way of supplemental heat last week.  I turned our little electric fireplace on in the mornings just to maintain the temperature inside and then off when I left for work.  That was pretty much all the heating we needed.  By Saturday that was slated to change and later that evening we got our first snow.

 

I received this beautiful handcrafted bookmark in the mail from one of my readers
I was thrilled to pieces to receive it. I will definitely treasure this and put it to good use

I'm not sure if it inspires you if I post my weekly housekeeping tasks or not so let me know if you want me to continue.  It definitely does help me stay accountable (who doesn't need that?) but if no one is interested in it then I will stop.  I didn't list out my housekeeping last week and I'm not entirely sure anyone noticed.  If you do like it let me know.

 

Yes, I really did have all of this crap piled up next to my recliner
This is what happens when I try to do too many things at one time

Much!  Better!

Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - cleaned the mirrors, vacuumed floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Dining Room - vacuumed & spot mopped floor, washed the window & sill, dusted the light fixture. 

Kitchen -  vacuumed & spot mopped floor, scrubbed & bleached sink, cleaned cabinetry. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted.  Cleaned mirror, scrubbed tub & sink.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - two large loads of laundry, washed living room, laundry room & kitchen curtains, vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & entry.  Swept the front porch & garage.  Raked leaves.

I did a little extra cleaning last week.  In an additional two 15 minute sessions I cleaned the book shelf & mirror, cleaned living room & laundry room windows & sills, wiped down baseboards, polished the wood furniture, bopped the cobwebs.

 


I will often set a timer so when my 15 minutes is up I stop and go do something else.  Most of the time now I find I don't even need a full 15 minutes.  By staying on top of things on a routine basis housework is fast and easy!

 


How was your thrifty week?

 

 

16 comments:

  1. Your weekly chore list inspires me to do more. I too set a time especially for things I don't really want to do. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your housekeeping lists, but only if it's not a bother for you :)

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like reading your weekly housekeeping tasks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy all you care to share! A little at a time works best for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your weekly chore list really inspires & motivates me! A great reminder

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one of those little girl statues for August! I received for my Holy Communion from my Dad's mother. 49 years ago. Barb in PA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes please do. I do have a question for you though if I may? Do you have any thrifty ideas on how to purchase new eye wear? I will be having that expense coming up very soon and as you know getting new glasses is expensive.
    Thank You for your help.
    Karon
    Paso Robles, CA< USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The past two year I go to Dr. Barnes Eyemart express. Their prices are very good. If you have a Costco membership they have an optical too. I recommend them both. I have yet to try any online options.

      Delete
    2. Thank You so very much for taking the time to answer my questions. Unfortunately with we have neither a Dr. Barnes Eyemart Express nor a Costco in our area. Thank you so much for the suggestions I really do appreciate them.
      Karon
      Paso Robles, CA USA

      Delete
  8. I like reading your housekeeping tasks! It keeps me thinking about more efficient ways to clean my own house.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...