Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Wrapping Up A Thrifty October

 


Hello everyone!

 


October was a very good month for us financially.  On the first I had $55 left in my checkbook and $3 in my wallet and still had an eighth of a tank of fuel in my car.  Payday was on the 5th so I was able to pay our electric bill, top up the gas tank on the car and dump the rest right in my savings and retirement accounts.  I didn't need much in the way of groceries so what I had leftover in my checking account covered that quite nicely.

 


On my next payday which was the 20th I paid the rest of our monthly bills, our mortgage two plus weeks ahead of its due date (heartily recommend doing this), did some grocery shopping, picked up two more bags of chicken feed and put the rest into my savings and retirement accounts.

 


Can I tell you how much I love debt freedom?  Oh my goodness, it is wonderful!  To be back to having only our basic living expenses to cover each month is such a huge relief and I pray we get to ride this wave for a good long time.  Please lord, no big surprises.  😍

 


This month we found we pretty much had all of our needs and even our wants covered.  There were no big purchases and really not many little ones either.  I did go to Dollar Tree one day to pick up some new craft supplies they had in stock and I had a bunch of Bath & Body Works coupons which allowed me to walk out with a bag of stuff for only $17.  I won't need shower gel or lotion for a very long time.  Other than that we were pretty much good to go.

 


As we head into November which is birthday central around here as well as Christmas gift month, I like to get that all done by Thanksgiving, I am feeling very optimistic.  What is left on my gift list is relatively small and most of what we need for the holiday meals and baking I already have on hand.  I think November will be a slam dunk!

 

2 comments:

  1. That’s awesome that you are debt free! I’m working on that at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you Mandy. It is an amazing feeling. I heartily recommend it! :o)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...