Monday, November 23, 2020

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

 


Happy Monday everyone!  Are we ready for the big holiday season?  This past Friday was my oldest daughter's birthday and today is my youngest's.  With Thanksgiving Day on Thursday we are having quite a week of celebrations.  And I love every bit of it!

 


Last Sunday was a gray and gloomy day for us with lots of rain.  That's okay, because we need the moisture after a really dry summer.  So, while tackling Laundry Mountain I got busy printing out our annual Christmas letter and addressing Thanksgiving and Christmas cards to send out in the mail.  I mailed the Thanksgiving cards last Friday and the Christmas cards are ready to go out the first week in December.  So fun to check that off the "To Do" list.  It was even more fun making all of those cards and getting them ready to send.

 

Sunday food haul
There appears to be a lot of junk here for the holidays 😁

I got all of our holiday household and grocery shopping completed including a stop into the liquor store for some holiday spirits.  It is customary at our house on the eve of Thanksgiving to bake pies and sip dry gin martinis.  Shaken, not stirred.  Ha, ha, ha, I'm so funny!

 

I may have aquired a little something to go with my Christmas china
More about that coming up very soon!

The rest of the week slipped by in an instant and I was super busy at work earning a fair bit of overtime.  Not a bad work week, but definitely harder than usual.  Nonetheless, everything went just fine.  I am proud of the way I handled the added workload and pressure.  I left work at work and when I got home I was all about enjoying my little sanctuary.

 

A slice of pepperjack cheese melting over my eggs - oh goodness!

We had loads of rain last week and the temperatures were much warmer than the week before.  I was happy about that and adjusted the heating accordingly.

 

I did a $10 Dollar Tree prep last week
This is the first ramen I've bought for the prepper pantry

I washed out some gallon sized ziploc bags to reuse.  I squeezed out every last bit of toothpaste from the little tube the dentist gave me at my last visit before tossing it in the trash.  Normally I save those for travel, but I have plenty of travel tubes so I decided to go ahead and use it.  And the toothbrush.  And the flossers too.  I love freebies.

 

I made some cleaning cloths on Saturday
More about that little project coming up very soon too!

I fixed three large meals that pretty much kept us fed throughout the week.  Lots of good healthy veggies were included in our meals too.  On Saturday I made soup because nothing beats a good bowl of hot soup this time of year.

 

I picked up these candle sticks for 69 cents each at a thrift store


and gave them a quick dress up with a dot of hot glue and some
silver glitter ribbon so they are ready for our Thanksgiving Day table

Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - vacuumed & spot mopped floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Dining Room - vacuumed & spot mopped floor, cleaned shelves, washed holiday glassware. 

Kitchen -  vacuumed & spot mopped floor, cleaned sink, microwave & stovetop, wiped down base cabinets. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - three large loads of laundry, vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & entry.  Swept the front porch & garage.

 

What do you think?  Won't these look lovely on our holiday table?

How was your thrifty week?

 

 

4 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...