Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Our Latest Two Week Meal Plan

 


Once again I made up a quick two week meal plan which included nine suppers and a short list of items to make for breakfasts, desserts and snacks.  The idea was that the nine suppers are made in a quantity that would include leftovers to be used for one additional meal plus a lunch or two.  And once again my two week meal plan morphed into a third week which I absolutely love.

 


On the menu this time was some delicious cool weather meals including beef stew, which I had not made in eons (and I made it Keto friendly) as well as spaghetti & meatballs (using meatballs I already had in the freezer), chicken enchiladas, egg roll in a bowl, broccoli beef  & rice, chili con carne (home canned and in our pantry), chicken vegetable soup, turkey club sandwiches and coconut curry soup.  Not a bad assortment of meals, I think.

 


Along with the main dish I included ideas for sides such as steamed broccoli, a green salad or green beans.  And for my girls a couple things like biscuits to go with the stew and cornbread to go with the chili.  The leftover biscuits performed double duty as breakfast with some homemade sausage gravy and the cornbread with honey and butter is also one of their breakfast favorites.

 


Speaking of breakfast I also made Keto waffles, pancakes and scrambled eggs.  Oatmeal and cold cereal were also some options or us.  Snacks were simple and easy.  Veggies and dip, home popped popcorn (in a pan, no microwave), nuts, fresh fruit and cheese sticks.

 


I baked up a batch of chocolate chip cookies for dessert for the girls as well as made some Keto cookies for myself.  We don't do a lot of desserts but it is nice every once in a while to indulge in a sweet treat.

 


That sums up our latest meal plan.  Let me know if posting these meal plans is of interest to you and if you find them helpful or inspiring.  If so, I'll keep doing them as long as I meal plan which is usually throughout the school year.

 

 

12 comments:

  1. So glad that you are back. Really missed you.
    Yes, please keep doing the menu plans. Also the Keto inspired recipes as well.
    Thank You so very much. Once again so glad your back.
    Karon
    Paso Robles, CA USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you are so sweet. I am going to try to come up with some new Keto recipes. Sometimes I get stuck in a rut.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I enjoy the meal plan -- but especially when you give links to recipes.

    A question about the peanut butter cookies: I used the keto recipe and made them today for a friend who is gluten-intolerant. When they're done --
    *If I take them right off the pan, they crumble.
    *If I wait five minutes to remove them, they stick -- and still crumble a little.
    *If I cook them a little longer, they get too brown on the bottom.

    Yours look perfect. What are you doing, that I'm not? (Some of the cookies turned out right, by the way. And the taste was just fine. I use your recipe.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very carefully remove them to a rack and once they cool they seem to be fine, but I do have to be really careful. They are fragile, for sure.

      Delete
  3. Glad your back missed your posts. I am trying to do meals plans love your ideas it is helpful. I struggle this is 2nd week and I have been doing well with it. Joyce Pa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I get stuck too. Glad you find these helpful. :)

      Delete
  4. It all looks so good ! Now I want beef stew and cookies !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Love the meal plans! Thank you so much for your blog.
    Best wishes
    T

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...