Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Simple Christmas 2020 - Update #5

 


Thanksgiving weekend is a long four day weekend for me and I love to use this time to finish up my Christmas shopping, complete any gifts I am making as well as to get all of those gifts wrapped up and ready to go under the tree.

 


I also like to finish up my annual Christmas letter that I enclose with each card I send out.  I will choose the paper and print them out so they are ready when I sit down this weekend and do my Christmas cards.  I have already made all of my Christmas cards and purchased some Christmas postage stamps back in September.  I will print out my address labels before sitting to complete may cards and get them ready to mail out the first week of December.  I love to do this ahead of time so I have plenty of time to work on these without feeling rushed.

 


Our Christmas menus are planned and we have most of what we need already on hand in our pantry and freezers.  A quick trip for fresh produce and a few dairy items as the time draws nearer and we will be all set as far as any grocery shopping goes.

 




Next month we will be enjoy our decorated home and doing some baking as well as preparing some fantastic meals to enjoy together.  I always look forward to this time of year because we've prepared ahead so we can just enjoy the holidays without stress or that feeling that we have way too much to do.  Christmas and New Years is always a leisurely and thoroughly enjoyable time in our household.  Twinkling lights, Christmas music, good food and drink and a few well thought out gifts to open on the big day.

 


Are you ready?

 

6 comments:

  1. Nope, haven't even started preparing yet! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not even ready for Thanksgiving, yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am mostly ready! I have completely finished my Christmas shopping but need to wrap everything. This is the first year I finished Christmas shopping so early, with Covid I have done it 100% online. So no trips to the store to get other things and coming home with extra gifts. I also shopped extra early because I was worried about longer shipping times due to covid, the last of my gifts came today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Picked up my last gift on Friday. Two more are being delivered on Tuesday. I am officially done! Just need to wrap a few. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...